Hi all,

I was once a moderately competent operator of these scanners. Recently I've gained access to one again and am trying to work out some rusty kinks. I keep seeing orange/yellow density changes at the edge of the image (scanning C-41 color neg, developed by LTI lab in nyc) and simply darker/more density at the edge of B&W film (mostly 35mm, processed by me).

I know my negs are probably generally slightly overexposed, but they're certainly not bulletproof - I don't remember having to perform this level of surgery at the edges all the time. Any tips? Besides putting down ruby lith tape around all 4 edges? that's the only thing that seemed to help, at least with the 35mm, I've never had to do it before with sheet film, but now I'm thinking might have too. Cropping is not an option. ))

I'm also getting scan lines, like you can see in image #4. Pretty sure they line up with the 1 inch pieces of stretchy tessa tape I use on the bottom of the mylar to pull it tight. But again, I never recall having this many issues with scan lines, it seems like I'm getting them on every 5x7 I do, this last one I scanned tonight at 4000 dpi and there are at least 8 scan lines that will need to be tediously retouched out if I'm going to use this scan.

Thanks
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	188737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	188738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	188740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	188742