Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th Annual Large and Ultra Large Format Meet and Greet

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

7th Annual Large and Ultra Large Format Meet and Greet

I've been asked to start a new thread with details about this event, so here you go. Tri Tran, Hugo Zhang and myself Jim Fitzgerald started this years ago with some success. This year it will be different than past years as it is more geared toward photographing. Models will be provided and I believe Tri will bring a dark tent for collodion work. Bring your gear to photograph.

We are not doing formal tables to show artwork and sell gear. As I said it is about photographing models, or in and around the park. If you want to sell something it is up to you but no tables are provided. Maybe the park has some picnic tables I'm not sure. I'll find out. This get together is more about hanging out and talking about our love of LF and ULF photography and catching up with one another. I will be coming down from Vancouver Washington for the event.

The meet and greet will be held at:

Thomas Riley Park. 30952 Oso Parkway Coto De Caza CA. 92679

Date: April 7, 2019 Sunday

Time: 9AM-6PM

What to bring: Bring your cameras, film, plates etc. Bring some food! We are not providing food for everyone. Please bring what you wish to drink (no Alcohol allowed) and what you wish to eat. It would be nice if everyone brought something to share. Nothing elaborate, snacks etc. It is all about sharing our passion for the medium and having a good time.

I will attach a link with the map of the location. Questions can be directed to me or Tri and one of us will get back to you. Either on this post or via pm whichever works. There should not be many questions but who knows?

Hope to see everyone soon!!

Link below.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Th...4d-117.5929771

Re: 7th Annual Large and Ultra Large Format Meet and Greet

JIm,
    It is great to see that you are once again involved. I regret that as much as I have been wanting the group to resume, I will not be able to attend. Now that I am 90 my family does not like me to drive as far as Orange County, and Ken, with whom I have traveled for many years will be 3 treatments from the end of 45 days of radiation treatment for his cancer, and expects to be unable to drive any distance. SHould any of these change, you can bet we will be there. Good luck with the renewed event.
    Jim Noel

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    JIm,
    It is great to see that you are once again involved. I regret that as much as I have been wanting the group to resume, I will not be able to attend. Now that I am 90 my family does not like me to drive as far as Orange County, and Ken, with whom I have traveled for many years will be 3 treatments from the end of 45 days of radiation treatment for his cancer, and expects to be unable to drive any distance. SHould any of these change, you can bet we will be there. Good luck with the renewed event.
    Jim Noel
    Jim, what county or city are you?
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

This is the Park address. It is located at the end of Oso Parkway, then left next to two entrances to the Coto de Caza community. I spoke with the ranger today and there is no problem. The picnic area if first come first served. So, whomever arrives at the park first, needs to make sure put a sign that says RESERVED for LFF. I will bring one in case I am the first one. I have to check with Mr. Tran and Mr. Hugo about the meeting time. There are portable toilets and some water fountains. However, it is better to bring your own water and snacks. There is nothing close by.
    I will post pictures later. Here is the link to the Park's website.
    -----------------------------------
    Thomas F. Riley Wilderness Park
    30952 Oso Parkway
    Coto De Caza, CA 92679
    (949) 923-2265
    RileyWildernessPark@ocparks.com
    Park Hours: 7 a.m. to sunset.
    Parking Fee: $3 daily. Machine accepts $1 bills and quarters or Visa/Master Card.
    OC Parks Annual Parking Passes available for purchase at the ranger station. Please call ahead to confirm that the office is open -- (949) 923-2265.
    Park may be closed for up to three days following rain.
    ---------------------------------------
    Last edited by pepeguitarra; 11-Mar-2019 at 17:24. Reason: typo
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    JIm,
    Jim Noel
    Jim, sorry to hear of the issues with you and Ken. Give him my best and my best to you as well. I miss you both.

I wish I was near I’d make and bring some dry plates to try out.
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    Jim, what county or city are you?

I believe they are in the San Diego area? Not sure. Tri told me 9AM so that is what I posted. If someone close wants to get there earlier go ahead as that would be nice.

I can be there at 8 am with a sign to reserve the spot. It is Sunday, so a very popular day for families. Hopefully they will go after church. I will skip church.

20190311_151235 by Palenquero Photography, on Flickr

20190311_151250 by Palenquero Photography, on Flickr

20190311_151506 by Palenquero Photography, on Flickr

More photos: HERE

Sounds good. Awesome job thanks.

Wish I could join you! Work's too busy right now.