Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you mounted a Nikkor-M 450/9 on a Linhof Technika lens board? How....?

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Have you mounted a Nikkor-M 450/9 on a Linhof Technika lens board? How....?

I am having a lot of trouble mounting a Nikkor-M 450/9 on a Linhof/Technica/Lelund lens board. There is no room for a spacer, so the aperture controls fall right below the slide that retains the lens board. I wanted to avoid the large Sinar lens board when using it on my 8x10. Any advice?
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Lachlan 717

Re: Have you mounted a Nikkor-M 450/9 on a Linhof Technika lens board? How....?

Standard Copal 3 fitting.

Mine fits fine
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Standard Copal 3 fitting.

Mine fits fine
    THANKS, for sure, Copal 3, I have already tried two of them. The opening is not the problem. The problem is when I try to place the lens holder on the front standard of the Intrepid 4x5, Chamonix 45F2, or even the Korona View. The controls are too close to the lens and the standards are so small that it is impossible to access the levers. I have it mounted on a Sinar type board with a Copal 3, which is fine. But I want to have in in a small lens board (Linhof Tecknica) type. I have lens board reduction from 8x10 to 4x5, so I can use my lenses in 4x5 or 4x8. This one, I have to use it only on the 8x10 because of the fit.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    THANKS, for sure, Copal 3, I have already tried two of them. The opening is not the problem. The problem is when I try to place the lens holder on the front standard of the Intrepid 4x5, Chamonix 45F2, or even the Korona View. The controls are too close to the lens and the standards are so small that it is impossible to access the levers. I have it mounted on a Sinar type board with a Copal 3, which is fine. But I want to have in in a small lens board (Linhof Tecknica) type. I have lens board reduction from 8x10 to 4x5, so I can use my lenses in 4x5 or 4x8. This one, I have to use it only on the 8x10 because of the fit.
    Did the lens & shutter come with the spacer ring? If not you need one to ovoid the aperture control from rubbing against the board. Contact a camera repairman, or woman, to get one. It is normally supplied with new lenses in Copal 3.

Wista and Toyo both made special top hat boards with threads for the shutter. They cost a bit more than usual. Extension boards are also available on eBay.

Kumar

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    Wista and Toyo both made special top hat boards with threads for the shutter. They cost a bit more than usual. Extension boards are also available on eBay.

Kumar
    He needs the spacer ring, not a top hat or extension board.

Thank you Bob. I do have the spacer and the ring. I just realized that I was using a Linhof/Technica type lens board that has TOYO cast in the back. The Copal 3 opening only allows the screw of the shutter to go through. I got one of those Luland (recently reviewed in this Forum), and the opening Copal 3 is a bit larger, allowing for the ring to go through. I just placed the spacer and the ring and the lens is working fine. Thank you Lachlan and Bob for the help. I just learned that not all the lens board Copals are created equal.

Lachlan 717

Excellent outcome!
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    Thank you Bob. I do have the spacer and the ring. I just realized that I was using a Linhof/Technica type lens board that has TOYO cast in the back. The Copal 3 opening only allows the screw of the shutter to go through. I got one of those Luland (recently reviewed in this Forum), and the opening Copal 3 is a bit larger, allowing for the ring to go through. I just placed the spacer and the ring and the lens is working fine. Thank you Lachlan and Bob for the help. I just learned that not all the lens board Copals are created equal.
    I believe your Toyo board may be for a Copal 3S shutter. The correct size hole for a particular lens/shutter allows the retaining ring to fit snugly. A board for a Copal 3S shutter would let the shutter pass through, but not the retaining ring.

Kumar

Kumar: You are right, that is the lens board I have. Luckly, I order several from Lulund, at $13 /piece. Thanks for the info. Pepe