Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ULF Walk-in Camera?

Re: ULF Walk-in Camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Not to pick nits, but Apo-Ronars' coverage declines with focal length. R'stock claims that the 800/9 Apo Ronar covers 42° @f/32, also that its focal length is 788 mm. So it covers a 605 mm circle. Not a teeny tiny difference, but for the OP's purposes probably still a distinction without a difference.
    No, definitely nit-pick here. It's good to have accurate numbers for image circles!

Thanks.

Hello: I'm resurrecting this thread as I finally was able to make an image with my 800mm Ronar. After leaving my teaching position to take a Marketing job with the school I work for, I lost access to the photography studio. This forced me to find an alternate location and new approach.

I built a box frame out of aluminum tubes and covered it with black canvas. I mounted the lens on one end and placed a 30x40" easel on casters inside of the camera. (BTW, the 32" Ronar covered the entire easel.) Focussing was difficult. While not thrilled with the images, I was able to make some portraits using 16x20" direct positive paper. (I simply placed the developing trays right inside the camera.) See attached images.

I have a number of ideas to improve the process, including the focussing. This proof of concept tells me it's worth fine-tuning. I think I'll be able to get some really nice images in the future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4614.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	210239

Name:	IMG_4652.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	210240

Name:	IMG_4649.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	210241

Name:	IMG_4514-preview.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	210242

Basement Faraday Cage?

Remember Image circle increases as subject gets closer.

I now have a plan for Living room size camera, thanks to you!

It is already nearly black out as studio, I can tighten the blackout easily.

More when I do more
    Tin Can

A nice setup and great portraits! I was thinking to buy an ice fishing tent to use my 48" lens.

Quote Originally Posted by mvanderaa View Post
    Hello: I'm resurrecting this thread as I finally was able to make an image with my 800mm Ronar. After leaving my teaching position to take a Marketing job with the school I work for, I lost access to the photography studio. This forced me to find an alternate location and new approach.

I built a box frame out of aluminum tubes and covered it with black canvas. I mounted the lens on one end and placed a 30x40" easel on casters inside of the camera. (BTW, the 32" Ronar covered the entire easel.) Focussing was difficult. While not thrilled with the images, I was able to make some portraits using 16x20" direct positive paper. (I simply placed the developing trays right inside the camera.) See attached images.

I have a number of ideas to improve the process, including the focussing. This proof of concept tells me it's worth fine-tuning. I think I'll be able to get some really nice images in the future.

Name:	IMG_4614.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	210239

Name:	IMG_4652.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	210240

Name:	IMG_4649.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	210241

Name:	IMG_4514-preview.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	210242
    Last edited by diversey; 7-Dec-2020 at 08:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Baleur View Post
    the barrel version of the 1100 xxl is f14--so it buys you a bit over a stop of light. You can do direct positives on regular photographic paper if you use reversal bleach and develop as reversal--expect to get about iso 3 or 2--you will need a lot of light or time or a combination of both. I suggest direct sunlight as the source and do short-ish time exposures. the xxl will cover to get you life size at 1:1.

addendum--I checked my notes and I got about iso 6 with faster (multicontrast) regular paper / reversal development and using electronic flash.
    Just came across this thread, some fascinating ideas....

Is this reversal process what Richard Learoyd would use for his latest B/W work?

https://fraenkelgallery.com/exhibiti...-outside-world

Thanks!

I am not sure whether the creation of Susanna Kraus has been mentioned already ... it's here, in Berlin.

https://www.imagocamera.com/imago-fotour/?lang=en

Yes we have seen it

but I love to see it again and again

Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Annaratone View Post
    I am not sure whether the creation of Susanna Kraus has been mentioned already ... it's here, in Berlin.

https://www.imagocamera.com/imago-fotour/?lang=en
    Tin Can

multiplex

isn't there an abe morell book about turning a room into a camera?