Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omega Enlarger Timer Problem

Re: Omega Enlarger Timer Problem

Thanks d.s.

I do have a couple of voltage regulators kicking around but I was curious about adapting this Omega one as some have suggested. If there's an adapter cable for six prong to 3 prong and supplying 120v ac however, I haven't been able to find it.

As a side note, the regulator you linked to for $30 US on Amazon.com is $114 Canadian on Amazon.ca - bummer. Not that I want to whine but to add insult to injury, it's also -35 deg C with the windchill - south looks good right about now.

Regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DHodson View Post
    Hi ic-racer

I was actually following up on Greg Blank's post (see above). He references a cord Omega provided for connecting to a condenser lamp that I was curious about.

Regards
    Dave
    There is no cord.

Quote Originally Posted by DHodson View Post
    Thanks d.s.

I do have a couple of voltage regulators kicking around but I was curious about adapting this Omega one as some have suggested. If there's an adapter cable for six prong to 3 prong and supplying 120v ac however, I haven't been able to find it.

As a side note, the regulator you linked to for $30 US on Amazon.com is $114 Canadian on Amazon.ca - bummer. Not that I want to whine but to add insult to injury, it's also -35 deg C with the windchill - south looks good right about now.

Regards
    Dave
    Can that 6 prong plug and whatever it is attached to and by carry 120v 20A?

I have a feeling that the only "stabilized" part of the 6 hole socket on the back if the stabilizer is the slots that provide the voltage to the 22.5 volt-AC color head lamp, thus making a conversion to 120 volt difficult, plus maybe requiring a step up AC transformer. The conversion process sounds more costly. Perhaps a computer UPS, Uninterrupted Power Supply, could be found that is stabilized and is inexpensive, and those have normal outlets.

Some years ago I bought a used Omega Super Chromega D Dichroic II enlarger that came with the Cat.No. 412-021 power supply, But no stabilizer. Even tho I was going to be printing black and white, I wanted the stabilizer because I was going to be using the Dichroic II filters for contrast filtration. In searching "the auction" site for the stabilizer, I found a Chromegatrol timer, Cat. No. 412-040, with built-in stabilizer and also excepts the 6-pin plug from the color head and bought that instead. Problem solved. Then I bought a Metrolux II timer, and am now in the situation that I'm back to using the original power supply w/6-pin outlet, without a stabilizer, (Still looking), while using the Metrolux timer.

Having a normal 3 prong plug, You have more options than me.

With a Condenser Lamp house no stabilized power is required, so you actually can pull the stabilizer off the back of power supply. The six pin plug provides 22.5 v At one point I made a diagram for this exact problem. I gave the drawing to Omega, because this vary issue required answering far too many times, like almost everything I did the research was under appreciated. But I'll look to see if in fact I still have a copy....its been awhile.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com