Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega Enlarger Timer Problem

Re: Omega Enlarger Timer Problem

Thanks Bill - what you say makes sense and I think you're right - this unit is not for me. I didn't get any history when I purchased the enlarger but I suspect it has somehow got lumped in at some point. The timer appears to work but I also got an RH Designs Stopclock timer that I've been using. If anybody knows somebody who might be interested, tell them to message me.

Regards
    Dave

Yes sir it does.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

No. You plug the enlarger lamphouse into the stabilizer, the 6 pins are for a Chromega Dichroic Lamphouse stabilized to 22.5 Volts. Omega makes a short cord for use of Condenser lamp houses. That is what you need if you don't already have it there.....cant tell with all those connections.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Any reference for that or a part number?

Thanks Greg. No, a cable to plug the enlarger into the stabilizer didn't come with it. I've looked online but haven't been able to find any reference to one so far - would you know of a part number for that? I've emailed KHBphotografix for information but haven't heard back yet.

The lamp for the enlarger (Omega ProLab 4x5) is 120v 75w and the power cable is a regular 3-prong 120v plug. As you pointed out, the stabilizer provides the dichroic head with 22.5v. Do you know if the cable you mentioned, is wired to provide stabilized 120v?

Thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DHodson View Post
    Thanks Greg. No, a cable to plug the enlarger into the stabilizer didn't come with it. I've looked online but haven't been able to find any reference to one so far - would you know of a part number for that? I've emailed KHBphotografix for information but haven't heard back yet.

The lamp for the enlarger (Omega ProLab 4x5) is 120v 75w and the power cable is a regular 3-prong 120v plug. As you pointed out, the stabilizer provides the dichroic head with 22.5v. Do you know if the cable you mentioned, is wired to provide stabilized 120v?

Thanks
    Dave

Reads like you have the condenser head with 120V lamp. You don't need the 22.5v power supply, use only the timer. Labels on the back of the timer explain how it works. Power in comes from the wall socket and power out goes to the enlarger lamp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 7.02.59 PM.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	188174

Hi ic-racer

Not sure what happened but my reply disappeared - odd. Anyway, yes - I do have the 120v lamp that I can plug into the timer. I currently use an RH Designs StopClock Pro that I'm happy with but I was curious about being able to use the stabilized power source.

Regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DHodson View Post
    Hi ic-racer

Not sure what happened but my reply disappeared - odd. Anyway, yes - I do have the 120v lamp that I can plug into the timer. I currently use an RH Designs StopClock Pro that I'm happy with but I was curious about being able to use the stabilized power source.

Regards
    Dave
    I suspect I'm missing something, but I can't recall any B&W condenser head that came with a regulated supply. If you needed a regulated supply, Omega want you go get the more expensive dichroic/ diffusion head (which will do both B&W and Color).

Hi ic-racer

I was actually following up on Greg Blank's post (see above). He references a cord Omega provided for connecting to a condenser lamp that I was curious about.

Regards
    Dave

If your enlarger and timer use regular three prong plugs then try one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/d/Computer-Up...tor/B0007P11M4