Thread: Can Someone ID this 8x10 Camera?

Can Someone ID this 8x10 Camera?

I would like to ID this camera. It's an 8x10 tailboard. The bellows extends comfortably to at least 21 inches. I didn't want to stress it further. The back track would allow much greater extension with a longer bellows. The track is geared and so is the front rise/fall. There's a sliding tripod block. Lens board size is 7 1/2 inches square. The track ways are metal and beefy. I've considered a lot of period makers and have come up empty handed.

Scott

Re: Can Someone ID this 8x10 Camera?

Korona Home Portrait
    Tin Can

I appreciate the quick reply! It looks Korona-ish to me, and very similar to the Home Portrait, but all of the photos I've seen of the Home Portrait show that the rack that engages the pinion is mounted on top of the wood track. The rack on this camera is underneath the wood and the rear standard can be positioned by sliding it freely along a heavy metal way and latching it in place. Then the rack and pinion can be used to focus. The design allows the rear standard to be moved quickly, without needing to crank it into place. Also, I haven't seen a photo of a Home Portrait with a separate, movable tripod block.

It's a beefier version of the Home Portrait if that's what it is, or it appears to be a family member.

OK, I found it and the Home Portrait suggestion helped me get there. It's its kissing cousin, the Korona Pictorial View.

Here's some info: http://www.piercevaubel.com/cam/gundlach/pict.htm

Scott

I remember someone advertising one of those very recently. It didn't have a bellows. You should be able to find it with a search with the name you've uncovered.