Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horseman Topcor Lenses and Seiko Shutters

Re: Horseman Topcor Lenses and Seiko Shutters

Ic-racer, thank you for the information on the Seiko shutter's push/pull lever; I've not encountered that before. Thanks also for the information on the rear element of the 90mm lens; I certainly wouldn't want to scratch it. All of my LF experience has been with wooden field cameras (my two 4x5's, two 5x7s, and an 8x10). I recently acquired a Busch Pressman D, knowing that it had limited movements, but was curious as to how well it would do as a smaller kit in a backpack, and I presume the Horseman may open and close similarly to the Pressman (of course, the Horseman would be a step above the Pressman in quality). Next time I'm at my father-in-law's I'll take possession of the Horseman and post some photos.
    I dream in black and white.

I have seen a couple of Horseman 5x7 monorail cameras. One curious thing about them was that the 5x7 bellows had a Horseman/Sinar front frame, and a choice of Cambo or Toyo rear frame. Very strange, indeed.

Kumar

I would expect that as I have had 8x10 Rail Horseman with both variation.

I considered making one.from Cambo parts and creative DIY.

I prefer the more elegant Cambo bits. The light trap design is better.

However the Cambo locks are less secure than Toyo and I use gaff tape for security.

Very easy to unlock a Cambo frame lock by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    I have seen a couple of Horseman 5x7 monorail cameras. One curious thing about them was that the 5x7 bellows had a Horseman/Sinar front frame, and a choice of Cambo or Toyo rear frame. Very strange, indeed.

Kumar
    Tin Can

Correction!

The 120 mm APO Symmar in Copal does NOT fold up inside a HD. I usually have a Rodenstock Geronar 150mm f6.3 aka Calter II-E on that camera. I need more lensboards...

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I shot Horseman Topcon Super 90mm in Seiko and a 120 mm APO Symmar in Copal this week with Horseman HD, same scene, same film.

Both negs equally sharp at f22.

I will not post the negs.

I like both lenses. With a HD I want a lens that will fold up inside, both do.
    Tin Can

Years ago I had a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Horseman I wanted a larger film size and had an add on 4x5 back but then the rear movements didn't make a lot of sense. I did have the 65 Super lens that did cover 4x5, nice lens sharp, it was really good on roll film. Except my final gripe with the 985 was the film holders didn't hold the film flat. So I moved to a 4x5. Had tried 8x10 earlier in my photographic life.