Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mystery blob on Tmax 400 sheet

Re: Mystery blob on Tmax 400 sheet

I use the sp445 and have never encountered that problem, although I have had other problems now solved. If it is the antihalation layer, left over, could wash it off maybe? The other thing is, was the tank completely dry? Did the film sit in the tank for a while before adding developer, etc? In that corner with the sp445 two pieces of film cannot touch. Maybe something on the film holder?

Re: Mystery blob on Tmax 400 sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    I use the sp445 and have never encountered that problem, although I have had other problems now solved. If it is the antihalation layer, left over, could wash it off maybe? The other thing is, was the tank completely dry? Did the film sit in the tank for a while before adding developer, etc? In that corner with the sp445 two pieces of film cannot touch. Maybe something on the film holder?
    I've already discovered what happens when the film holders are not completely dry! I spoiled another sheet a few weeks ago when it became glued to the holder because it had some water droplets. Now I'm very careful to dry everything off before loading.

Thankfully it's simply a test shot so nothing of value.