Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Using electronic flash with LF cameras

Re: Using electronic flash with LF cameras

To: Randy and Bob
    Hopefully the below clears the air and reduces the tension

EXPECTED OUTPUT
    Full Power (640 Ws) with the 8.5” High-Output Reflector f22 +1/10 at 10 feet (GN 234)
    Full Power (640 Ws) with the 11” Long-Throw Reflector f32 +6/10 at 10 feet (GN 394)
    Full Power (640 Ws) with a softbox f8 +7/10 at 10 feet (GN 102)
    Readings taken at ISO100 in a 14’ x 14’ room with grey walls and floor. For details on expected output readings and measurements takes with other accessories and at other power settings, see our website (www.paulcbuff.com/output.php

regards

Tony

No tension here, we are discussing.

I have 2 more 4X5 paper negs loaded. I am trying to find my fastest lens to shoot wide open with the least light output.

Pedalling slowly here.
    Tin Can

I am sorry I followed this thread so far. The issue seemed so simple to solve by experimenting, but no, it turned into some kinda hopeless ping-pong drama; finally I began to lose my will to live through it.

Randy Moe, you have done more than enough to help. It is time to cut the OP's hook and bait. OP self-help needs promotion here.

I have tried to help, and Jac you are right, time to cut bait or fish.

However while doing my second little test 30 minutes ago I had a eureka moment.

I suddenly saw what I have been driving at, which fits an ongoing project.

My time was definetly not wasted!

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    I am sorry I followed this thread so far. The issue seemed so simple to solve by experimenting, but no, it turned into some kinda hopeless ping-pong drama; finally I began to lose my will to live through it.

Randy Moe, you have done more than enough to help. It is time to cut the OP's hook and bait. OP self-help needs promotion here.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    The issue seemed so simple to solve by experimenting, but no, it turned into some kinda hopeless ping-pong drama; It is time to cut the OP's hook and bait.
    Jac, your expression " hook and bait " has no meaning to me. However, if you have been following the thread then you will have noticed that I have acknowledged the solution several times [ie not enough light]. In addition, the thread took on a life of its own with various side issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    However while doing my second little test 30 minutes ago I had a eureka moment.
    Randy, I definitely do not think you have wasted your time. Query what was your Eureka moment??

regards

Tony

Tony,

As previously stated I have almost no experience with paper negatives, yet I do have an obsession with negative prints, perhaps the wrong description. I have completed 2 prints in a series that either include a reversal or are a full reversal by internegative.

One I have posted here before. See below. The second will be shared in the 2019 Print Exchange before it shown to others. Not everyone's cup of tea. I consider them Political Art, yet all art is political in ways we often cannot see.

I previsualized a series that expands on a theme 'seen' in my Eureka moment. I must include a tip of my hat to Sandy King and his interest in exhibiting reversed negative film. I have been exhibiting reversed X-Ray film for some time.

Atomic Bomb by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by tonyowen View Post
    Jac, your expression " hook and bait " has no meaning to me. However, if you have been following the thread then you will have noticed that I have acknowledged the solution several times [ie not enough light]. In addition, the thread took on a life of its own with various side issues.

Randy, I definitely do not think you have wasted your time. Query what was your Eureka moment??

regards

Tony
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Tony,. Not everyone's cup of tea. I consider them Political Art, yet all art is political in ways we often cannot see.I
    Randy
    Interesting, though I can see what it is, the longer I look the more abstract elements I observe - to the extent that what I see is not what it is.
    As stated before many thanks for your input to my question.

regards
    Tony