Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought the first component for eliminating dust on scanned negatives

Re: Just bought the first component for eliminating dust on scanned negatives

I use Wilkerson.

Mine are now 10 years old, working perfectly. We used 1000's of them in the factory, with steel safety cover water bowls. Auto water drain spitters, which you will not want in a house.

Try to discover origin.
    Tin Can

Okay. I am wanting to use the storage tank to keep the compressor from coming on so much. I figure with what we do, it will not be very often with a 10 gallon tank. Definitely no spitters in the house!

This one is not expensive and looks cool.

https://www.gamut.com/p/wilkerson-fi...metal-NjAwMzE4

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Okay. I am wanting to use the storage tank to keep the compressor from coming on so much. I figure with what we do, it will not be very often with a 10 gallon tank. Definitely no spitters in the house!

This one is not expensive and looks cool.

https://www.gamut.com/p/wilkerson-fi...metal-NjAwMzE4
    You don't want a lubricator for your purpose.

I can't read my part #'s. I use a dryer filter with auto drain, which never operates as my up side air is dryed too. Then a low pressure regulator that only goes up to 30 psi with matching gauge. Adjusted to 25 psi fo for dusting with pencil blow gun. I use an old one as if ound the new ones come loaded with grease! I bought 2 new ones recently as my good one is 35 years old and heavily used. https://store.snapon.com/Non-Vented-...--P634439.aspx

I could probably dust my eye with this thing, but I am not going to try. Very adjustable to extremely low flow. Surface bubbles on water. BUT new ones are full of grease!

I have 3 dryers and regulators in my darkroom. 2 for gas burst. The variations are endless go to the main catalog.

Video is coming soon...

Wait for Drew for his advice, I sense him
    Tin Can

The force is strong in that one!

That will work
    Tin Can

Woo Hoo!

Now for a tank!

I like the Ingersol one as it goes down to .3 micron. So it would be like this, from compressor thru 5 micron filter/water trap, then into larger tank, then out of larger tank thru the regulator/filter/water trap, then into ant-static hose, thru a .01 micron filter just before the ionizing air nozzle. I might put a small regulator just before final filter to control final air pressure out of nozzle. Of course, this might seem a bit over kill, but this stuff is cheap and I like to play around sometimes.

I'm sure you know what you want.

Granger usually has only good items.

Grainger also stocks tons of parts for industry and home owner. Odd stuff you would not imagine.
    Tin Can