Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Just bought the first component for eliminating dust on scanned negatives

Re: Just bought the first component for eliminating dust on scanned negatives

I am. Who has two heart attack’s three days apart and then txt you just after they had heart attack?

Fishy. I had an employee who had lots of grandmas and they all died. Grandma, step grandma, grandma in law, step grandma in law. Needless to say he did not last long. For a while, it was kind of funny. When he wasn't there he did not get paid and complained about the lost wages. It was the super slow season. When the busy season hit we let him go.

Company been around for very long time. I will give it a week to see if progress made. If not, I may be forced to go elsewhere.

Here is the layout of the new desk. It is 10’x5’. The rectangle on left is pedestal for support that is also a series of 34x42 drawers that are three inches deep. The space over the drawers is large enough to work on prints up to 32x40 and a bit more. The upc goes under desk along with the computer and hard drive cabinet. Compressor goes under desk below the scanners. If I need more space can move scanners and light tables. Amazing how 10x5!seems big on paper until you lay everything out and then realize it isn’t so big.

Desk is being built as I type.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B5C972BA-08DB-412E-8DC7-99713D8E730B.jpg   D6A3112B-BC78-4DFB-B2C5-83471178F524.jpg  

This is getting annoying. Now they change price by 1000 bucks. The cabinets have cost me 2200 dollars alone and I could have bought them for 650 if I wanted a different stain color. Then, the granite slab I bought two months ago apparently had not been available for 6 months and the comouter was in error. Plus they had the label for granite I bought on a completely different granite.

I am positive the sold it to someone else after I bought it even though they said they had not had that piece for 6 months.

I found another piece that was even better and much more expensive and get a straight exchange. They were supposed to install everything this Saturday. And tge contractor sucks on communication. I get I am not doing a 70,000 dollar renovation, 4k is kot a drop in the bucket either. Especially when I was looking at a couple other projects that would be in the range of 4k-5k each. The parent company has good reviews and been around for over 20 years.

I guess I just have shitty luck. Okay, I had my rant.

Sounds like my cabinet maker. He's been screwing me around since last September.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Sounds like my cabinet maker. He's been screwing me around since last September.
    Yeah, this guyI think is from across border. And took it upon himself to do stuff I was nt wanting. He is gonna have to do some onsite mods next week when everything is installed.

Keep an eye on the he guy. Why is it taking so long on your cabinets?