Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought the first component for eliminating dust on scanned negatives

Just bought the first component for eliminating dust on scanned negatives

A JC10PLUS air compressor by Rolair. It is actually kinda cute and very quiet. Also git a 5 micron particle filter that incorporates a water trap. Office will be remodeled end of month. Large humidifier and air purifier/ionizer along with an ionizing air nozzle will arrive end of month.

Room will be sealed as much as practical, screen materially be replaced with special particle trapping screens (live in AZ) hepa filter on AC output vent to room, air ionizing fab/bar as well. Will also be getting a very expensive vacuum with hepa system completely sealed unit.

With any luck, I may get a scan with little to no dust

Re: Just bought the first component for eliminating dust on scanned negatives

humidifying the room would be my priority over special screens/filters. in my experience, this has made a noticeable difference to clean scanning
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

True, part of this is because of allergies of wife and I. Dust and pollen are brutal in this area and fresh air hard to come by with windows closed.

Steve: I have dust and dust mite allergies too. Everyone has always said go to the Southwest - Arizona, where you live. I thought it was better out there?

Steven your air compressor looks very similar to my smaller one that is Made in Taiwan. Is yours?

I look for Made in Taiwan as I believe they manufacture high quality products.

Yesterday I scanned films with obvious skin flakes, today I kept my long sleeve shirt on and saw none.

Anecdotal...
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Steve: I have dust and dust mite allergies too. Everyone has always said go to the Southwest - Arizona, where you live. I thought it was better out there?
    It was better here, until everybody from everywhere else moved here and brought their non-desert landscaping with them. <sigh>

I remember when Swamp Coolers in the basin still worked before the golf course expansion

Heck we golfed on sand in MN, then many from MN moved to Scottsdale...

Quote Originally Posted by Audii-Dudii View Post
    It was better here, until everybody from everywhere else moved here and brought their non-desert landscaping with them. <sigh>
    Tin Can

Consider adding a means to produce balanced ionization. This can significantly reduce sticking particles due to static E.

https://www.terrauniversal.com/blog/...oduct-quality/

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    It is good for you if you have things like asthma because we are so dry. But that is in phx, Yuma and Tucson areas. Farther north in AZ less dust more moisture etc. I don’t know about dust mites though. Never heard it was a problem out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Consider adding a means to produce balanced ionization. This can significantly reduce sticking particles due to static E.

https://www.terrauniversal.com/blog/...oduct-quality/

Bernice

Interesting