Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought the first component for eliminating dust on scanned negatives

Re: Just bought the first component for eliminating dust on scanned negatives

I bet Steven is.

I wager one silly pic posted here of me to yours.

?
    Tin Can

That is a wager that I won't fall for.

He has gone farther with particle mitigation than I have. It is good to see the boundaries pushed out by him. Steve has made a big commitment in time and resources in the search of his vision of perfection.

The difference in our approaches may be the use of compressed gas for cleaning. Vacuuming is the approach I'm working on. I'm truly looking forward to see his results.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Sfroza View Post
    Are you considering on using an ESD clean room smock and hair and face net/mask?

Michael
    Just the cute bunny suit

Quote Originally Posted by Sfroza View Post
    That is a wager that I won't fall for.

He has gone farther with particle mitigation than I have. It is good to see the boundaries pushed out by him. Steve has made a big commitment in time and resources in the search of his vision of perfection.

The difference in our approaches may be the use of compressed gas for cleaning. Vacuuming is the approach I'm working on. I'm truly looking forward to see his results.

Michael
    I can add the hat and mask for giggles.

I too am looking forward to hopefully less time deleting dust and processing images. I still need a vacuum, but that may have to wait. Film and paper are not cheap!

Of course some of this benefits health as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I bet Steven is.

I wager one silly pic posted here of me to yours.

?

Careful what you wish for

To be fair, I have never worn an ESD suit, but have worn full Tyvek many times with head covers with top end respirator both at work and to spray paint in my DIY Full Paint Booth aka garage.

A 2 part ISO epoxy auto paint now banned with cyanide fumes was used twice by me, never again.

And just for fun the pic I would have posted.

1986 Open For Lunch by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

LOL. I wore partial esd smock. Sticky floor, wrist strap with alarm on it at NASA in a supposed clean/esd room. More esd though.

There are so many things the can be said about a ESD bunny suit but none of them are nice. I feel that I have spent half my life in them, perhaps 1/3.

Michael

Lol. Makes you look like you belong in Resident Evil or something. In the spooky labs

Testing out the esd fan. Seems ti work. Added a hepa filter of sorts to the air inlet side of fan. Better to blow filtered air across work then dirty air. Also tried out SIMCO ionizing air gun. Works well. Slowly getting there. Picked up 6x6 contrast filters along with dual filrer. Waiting on regulator. There will be 4 filters total. Didn't plan it that way, just sorta happened. 3 water traps to as.part of filters. 4 water trap us part if orange disposable filter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29CC7A61-E11A-434A-9D02-777288D2C582.jpg   D6218C2D-F488-4ADB-937F-00B937182FB1.jpg   B0780D22-6B0A-4193-98C5-C202CFD0B562.jpg   AF9F54CA-5517-4F27-BA79-B7D0864E614A.jpg