Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Need To Update Editing Software...Suggestions?

Re: Need To Update Editing Software...Suggestions?

Link to CS2 from Adobe,

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-sui...omoid=19SCDRQK

Be sure to read the warning from Adobe concerning hardware, OS requirements and licensing the software.

Good info Jeff.

I think Adobe is watching us, I just got this by email. Read the first paragraph.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs5...education.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Donald View Post
    Link to CS2 from Adobe,

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-sui...omoid=19SCDRQK

Be sure to read the warning from Adobe concerning hardware, OS requirements and licensing the software.
    Tin Can

Adobe does watch us. If you use any of their products look at the task manager for pc/mac and see how many processes are adobe related. It is ridiculous!

My brother 20 years ago was convinced the TV was watching him. Stoner...

Head of FBI said to cover your laptop camera.

I don't think I have hidden cameras in my house yet, but at least 3 devices are always listening.

My Samsung Series 8000 TV is listening. I can use it for search and it reminds me of that, if I don't use it.

My Apple cell phone is always in my shirt pocket. I try not to mumble or curse...

Alexa Echo is most responsive. I talk to it all the time. Alexa is getting smarter.

I figure I may as well be polite and now say, Alexa ******* **** anything and then add Thank you! I get better data back....

Everything we write, search, edit, watch online is recorded. I use FireFox with their free VPN on the cell, but who knows...

Welcome to our Brave New World.

Sorry grandkids...
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Welcome to our Brave New World.
    George Orwell was not aware about what it was going to happen. If he had been aware then his book would be scaring.

We don't know either...

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    George Orwell was not aware about what it was going to happen. If he had been aware then his book would be scaring.
    Tin Can

Try having some knowledge about all the spying that we can do. Let's just say your phone is your worst enemy. Even off and with no batter installed (which most phones you can't take it out any more anyways) it will record your position, where you have been, etc and as soon as you turn on, it transmits that data. Your computer listens to you if you have a microphone that anyone can tap into, if you have a camera on it, for sure cover it up, it can be turned on at will.

Anyone naive enough to think the feds don't know when we go to bed, get up, brush our teeth, go missionary or doggie, etc is, well, in need of help. Think about your car if you have a newer one. It has gps, computer on board (like a black box for airplanes), etc. They can track your every move and even prove you lied about speeding or using a turn signal if they want. I refuse to have alexa or anything like that in my house and I will tape up the camera on my phone, tablet, comptuer if necessary. Ever wonder if the tv can be use to watch you? Think about that one. How hard would it be to have technology that could allow the screen or parts thereof to function as a camera, complete with sound?

Where's my tinfoil hat!

Before you settle on an early version of PS, I'd highly recommend going for the monthly rental of LR and PS. The big advantage is your ability to employ modern technology for noise removal and enlargement (see Topaz AI plugins for example), sharpening, and luminosity masking with help from actions written for this purpose (Tony Kuyper for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. Herman View Post
    Before you settle on an early version of PS, I'd highly recommend going for the monthly rental of LR and PS. The big advantage is your ability to employ modern technology for noise removal and enlargement (see Topaz AI plugins for example), sharpening, and luminosity masking with help from actions written for this purpose (Tony Kuyper for example).
    very true, but you can also write your own actions to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Thanks everyone for all of the thoughtful comments!

Again...I will only need this to store, organize, and tweak images prior to posting them on my website plus on sites like this forum.

Said tweaks will likely only involve adjustments to size, exposure/contrast/color temps, maybe a little cropping/straightening, and perhaps a little local area dodging/burning...but very little of this likely as I'll be photo-copying finished prints with my D-80 prior to upload. In fact...any local area tweaks would likely only be necessary if my repro-lighting isn't evenly distributed - which does happen sometimes.

Oh...and some very basic video editing capability might be nice - but not absolutely necessary.

At any rate...my needs are really quite simple. I would never anticipate needing to "upgrade" any features of whatever software I choose...which is why I think purchasing something once, on a disc, would make sense. My only concern would be that whatever disc I choose would be (and remain) compatible with the operating system on my MacBook Pro.
    That's pretty much what I limit my editing to for both digital camera work as well as film scans. I use Lightroom for most of it. I did buy a dual package of Photoshop Elements (for stills) and Photoshop Premiere Elements (for video and slide shows to store on Youtube and play back on my 4K UHD TV. )I don't have regular Photoshop - I don;t do that kind of editing.

All the pictures on my FLickr link below were processed with Lightroom or Photoshop Elements. https://www.flickr.com/photos/alanklein2000/albums

Here's a link to see some of my Photoshop Premiere Elements shows. The stills portion were adjusted wither with Lightroom or Photoshop Elements. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDz...gCHh2rVvEsFOJQ

None of the programs are monthly charge. They are pay once for lifetime license. Make sure anything you buy will handle you camera model.

Good luck.