Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need To Update Editing Software...Suggestions?

Need To Update Editing Software...Suggestions?

I desperately need to update my website…but have been dragging my feet as my photo editing software (PS-2…don’t laugh!) died four years back when my G-4 died. Cannot retrieve software…cannot fix G-4 - end of that story.

Meanwhile, I’ve been happy with my MacBook Pro, and seeing as this still has the CD/DVD slot - I’m wanting to actually purchase (instead of subscribing to) some CD/DVD based photo-editing software, and I see that Lightroom 6 is still available as a disc.

Anything else available as a disc that I might consider instead of LR-6? Again, my needs are not complicated - just want to edit/tweak stuff (pix, text, and possibly some video) for my website. Thanx!

Re: Need To Update Editing Software...Suggestions?

An older copy of Dreamweaver, perhaps?

Search ebay: Photoshop CS6 license , there are several choices, from $3 to $1000, some are pure piracy, some are OEM licenses that are more or less legal, and some are authentic licenses.

For example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adobe-Photo...VQLT:rk:8:pf:0
    Read well what is says... "This key cannot be added to your Adobe Creative account as it was previously registered. Key will activate your copy during installation but key can not be redeemed by Adobe website."

IIRC, Corel PaintShop and GIMP won't work in a Mac without virtualization software. If you used CS2 then CS6 it's near the same for photography...

I would recommend taking a look at Photoshop Elements
    Steve Midgley

You can pay $10 a month for PS CC and stop it any time, prices here https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/...KR7S1&mv=other

Use it for a month, then restart 2 years later

If you are EDU teacher or student the full boat is a good deal

A year ago I quit Full CC at $52 a month and they offered me $30 a month for a year. So I did!

I use Acrobat DC often and it is very handy.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    You can pay $10 a month for PS CC and stop it any time, prices here https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/...KR7S1&mv=other

A year ago I quit Full CC at $52 a month and they offered me $30 a month for a year. So I did!

Exactliy. I pay 30 a month and have access to everything adobe makes! Upgrades up the wazoo as well so your never out of date. And you can keep prior versions installed if you want.

CS2 is free I think. Something about the Adobe servers compatibility or something so they released it for free. That will do just about anything you want especially if you are shooting film. I don't know if it will run on your computer, but it's worth a shot.

If you want something more modern, Acorn is free and I think Mac only.

One freebie that will work with most files is Hasselblad's Phocus. You just need a Hassy account, which means you just need to sign up.

If you are not a heavy user, then it is better to just buy a program like Lightroom rather than subscribe.

Personally I use Lightroom for cataloging film files since I've been using it forever. Don't want to redo all that work. I use Capture One for digital though. Much better in my opinion.

By the way, since you are on a Mac, there is an add on for Photos that makes it like Aperture used to be. I think it is written by the former head of Aperture. I can't remember the name of it, but Gentlemen Coders is the company that puts it out. I think it is pretty cheap too, so if it works for you, you are set. I think they have a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    You would be far more ahead to look at https://www.pl32.com/ . Priced near elements, but with the full power os PS. I've been using it for years. Mac/PC and 32/64 bit. It takes many PS extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post

I did the 9.99 deal for 3 years. I retired and did the math. Something about being screwed out of $120 a year beceause when you stop. You have nothing. It took $360 for me to wake up. It's only a good deal for a company that is dead when they stop paying.

I bought a non CC of Lightroom 6 and updated my PL32. Non CC Lightroom is a dead product. When it becomes unusable (or I get a new digital that it doesn't understand) I will look for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    +1. Elements can be purchased on the App Store if your MBP has a recent enough OS. It's sometimes on sale around $30-$50. It does pretty everything the older versions of full PS could do.