Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Very Colorful 4X5

New Very Colorful 4X5

Below is the website, I found it from a bicycle website I shop at.

https://www.rivbike.com/

https://www.cameradactyl.com/4x5/

From the second website you can find a link to their closed and ended KS.

Would you have wanted one?

Do you roll....

Not me!
    Tin Can

Foamer

Re: New Very Colorful 4X5

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post

From the second website you can find a link to their closed and ended KS.

Would you have wanted one?

Ah no. I'm not a "rainbows & unicorns" sort of guy. I'm just a duck hunter in South Dakota. Besides, my Chamonix is too perfect for me to consider switching.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Ack.

They look like they were made by Fisher Price.

Again, Kent in SD, and I are in sync. My Cham is close to perfect.
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Collins View Post
    Again, Kent in SD, and I are in sync. My Cham is close to perfect.
    I'm with Peter and the duck hunter. Duck hunting bad out on the East Coast Kent...I'm comin' out!

Not sure why the link to the bike, but every time I see anything that claims to be 'hand crafted' like that I can't stop thinking of this...

Oh dear.
    Where are we going?
    And why are we in this handbasket?

www.josephoharaphotography.com

I bought very nice handlebars from the bike site and it directed me to the printed camera.

Looks like they finished 2 KS production runs AND delivered the strange camera. Better than some...

Perhaps they don't break or bend when dropped in the same way a wood or metal camera does.

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Not sure why the link to the bike, but every time I see anything that claims to be 'hand crafted' like that I can't stop thinking of this...
    Tin Can

Drew Wiley

On a shelf here, I've got a tiny little plastic photographer in a beret tethered via a toy cable release to an equally tiny bellowed view camera and tripod - something my sister picked up as a gift for me in Holland. But I bet those silly polka dot and plaid view cameras on the link would actually sell in the camera shop in town if they even remotely actually work. They already sell roll film camera somewhat like that. Students love that kind of fun stuff. And as for those bicycles, I know several of the people who allegedly began the trail biking industry. They're right across the Bay, have their own museum of mountain biking history, right at the foot of Mt Tam where it all began. A couple of them are multimillionaires now, owning factories churning out bikes that can cost up to $10,000 or more apiece. But before that fad ever began, we hill kids reinforced our own ordinary klunker bikes for that kind of use - which was not yet a sport, but simply a way to get from point A to B on cattle paths, old abandoned railway grades, and early oxen logging trails on steep hillsides. So I really wouldn't mind having a perfectly ordinary but otherwise tough bike like one of those on the link. I'm not even comfortable riding the fancy ones. But this area also seems to be the world epicenter of bicycle theft. There are entire bicycle "chop shops" near the University specializing in reassembling
    stolen bicycles into something harder to trace to the original owner, and then retailing them to whoever. There's not a bicycle chain or cable or lock that can't be breached in mere seconds if you know the technique and have the right tool. A block away the local wacko got arrested for making bombs in his basement because he was inspired by someone to go out and blow up... (leave it at there lest this become political). But after he was deported to his mandatory 20 year Federal sentence - thank goodness - the subsequent garage sale had to liquidate about thirty of those little kid bikes with banana seats and high handle bars which he had stolen, and rode around in the wee hours of the night on his burglary escapades. Pretty bizarre for someone almost 50 years old. I once caught him in my backyard trying to defend the world against two alien spaceships which happened to be my two garden tank sprayers!