Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Lowery, the best landscape photographer of the current times?

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Re: Justin Lowery, the best landscape photographer of the current times?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Please specify date, gallery, location and/or witness for your claim to exhibit side by side with AA.

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”

27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Drew Wiley

Why not just call me a liar, Randy, if that is what you are thinking? If you are so smart, research it for yourself ! All this was on my dedicated website back when I maintained it. People from almost every country in the world chimed in at one point or another. Perhaps not Iraq, or or Iowa, or Illinois, or similar plowed-out dust-storm afflicted Mideastern holdouts, but maybe those too. It was sponsored by a major museum curator to coincide as soon as possible after the death of AA, the following March as I recall. That gives you the date. It was the largest single set of his big mural prints ever assembled up to that point, or possibly ever, which had been held as a civic investment in a secure civic vault all along, and went right back in afterwards. It never traveled past this urban area because the collection was deemed too valuable for the risk per insurance mandate. I was essentially 50% of that, with one of my big prints interposed between every one of his. I don't remember the total number; but I still have three of my own remaining framed 30X40's here. It was an exceptionally well done exhibition. Big stinkin' deal. Been there, done that, plus a number of other gigs. Lots of people have been displayed alongside AA. So what? I'm prouder of certain names who have purchased my prints, whose work I admire considerably more than AA. If you don't like that fact, then stay where you're comfortable with nothing more on the planet to define truth than linking onto Wikipedia once in awhile. It makes no difference to me. People who have made single pieces of art in excess of your entire net worth know who I am. But that still doesn't factor into any of this. Do you think we're a bunch of peacocks strutting around flashing fancy feathers at each other? That's what wannabees and groupies do. I make prints simply because I want to. I certainly don't need your endorsement or approval !

This gonna be good...

Found him Randy, he's a wedding photographer : )

https://www.wileysphotography.com/p/reviews

Drew Wiley

Nice try. Hope the miserable snow continues. I actually enjoy Randy's spunk. Just don't tell him.

Hi Guys

Let's keep this to 'art work' (or whatever description), you're both respected posters on this (outstanding site) and Mr 'Laminarman' you're relatively new on here, no sense at all in 'whipping stuff up'

So I suggest that all concerned breathe, take a chill pill and continue with the good work

best regards

Andrew

Well enough Andrew, thank you.

Drew Wiley

Andrew, what do you think that ornery old goats like us do on cold days? I'd rather be to outside on a camera walk, or at least fixing the back fence before another wind storm; but it just keeps raining. Don't worry, I've got plenty of things to do inside too besides intermittent web banter. Don't take it so seriously. There are no hard feelings here. It's all in fun, albeit maybe in a slightly rough n tumble fashion which we mutually understand. But I'll try to accommodate your appeal to at least a veneer of civility. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Laminarman View Post
    Well, I was talking about the fires that ruined a monument so whatever floats your boat I guess : )
    It’s quite clear that most of you know very little about Fatali and the incident at Delicate Arch. There was no bonfire, there was actually no fire lit other than a duraflame log or two in aluminum pans. When the participants of the photo shoot packed up to leave, they put the flames out by stepping on them. The damage came from their result of the crap left on their shoes. I stood where the damage happened, it was a 4 inch black mark. I’ve seen worse damage from trekking poles and other idiotic things. I’m not condoning what he did, but please know what your discussing before saying he ruined a monument. He clearly did not. And he clearly paid his dues.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Plume View Post
    Hi Guys

Let's keep this to 'art work' (or whatever description), you're both respected posters on this (outstanding site) and Mr 'Laminarman' you're relatively new on here, no sense at all in 'whipping stuff up'

So I suggest that all concerned breathe, take a chill pill and continue with the good work

best regards

Andrew
    Tin Can