Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Justin Lowery, the best landscape photographer of the current times?

Re: Justin Lowery, the best landscape photographer of the current times?

Quote Originally Posted by Laminarman View Post
    There was no offense intended. I'm Italian, so yeah, it was tongue in cheek with the Jersey reference (all of my Jersey friends get it without crying about it). And the point of the story was related to prior comments made about crowds in national parks and gawking. I also believe I read somewhere in this thread about "busloads" of certain ethnic groups so if you're going to throw stones, I suggest you get a larger bucket. If you think my comment was about cultural superiority I'll remind you that you do not know me and where I came from. A little bit of thick skin never hurt anyone. I'm off this forum for a while.
    Laminarian,

I’m surprised we share a small bit of commonality. I’m third generation Italian. I suspect that is all we share.

From when I could understand, I was told that I should be proud of my ancestry. That I should not participate in thinking about people in terms of race or where their people were from. Most of all I should not use terms that others have attempted to place on me to keep in my place or to disparage me because of my history.
    Reading your post reminded me of the remarks I heard when I was growing up and late into adult hood, I suspect that our ages are not far apart. That surprises me all the more with your last post.

When I read about someone seeing a “Chinese man”, I must assume that you actually stopped and asked him where he was from. Right? You didn’t make an assumption just because of his appearance, right? From his looks could he be perhaps from Japan, Laos or anywhere in East Asia. Your post is the second time in less than a month I saw the use of Guidos. Yes, it angered me and I took offence. Not just what I read but what others were reading as well. What do others possibly think of us? Don't even ask why there are so few women participating in the forum.

In your last post, you needed to tell all who you are. There is really no need to do that your #132 post let everyone who had the “privilege” to read it, now knows exactly who you are.

Think before defending racist remarks, think about the company you chose to keep.

Stay or go, it matters not, I’m through with you.

Michael
    Last edited by Sfroza; 17-Feb-2019 at 07:47. Reason: SP

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

I do see some individual style in Justin's work. It would be nice to see more of his work on black and white film. The Intrepid Company used him to promote their 8x10 camera:

https://intrepidcamera.co.uk/blog/ca...eastern-sierra
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

"Do unto others as you would have done unto you" doens't work because people are different. Just because one isn't offended by something, nor one's friends, it doesn't follow, obviously, that others won't be. Is their offense unjustified? That would require some evidence that your reactions are somehow superior. Without that, trying to justify one's actions by saying that other people wouldn't have a problem with them amounts to saying, "Me good. You bad."
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer

Drew Wiley

Don't confuse everyone with tour bus types. I've had horse pack trains go past me in the high Sierra with Chinese tourists. One of them saw a few inches of 18" rail projecting out from under my pack top flap and asked me which Sinar model I was packing. I've had the same thing happen over here at Pt Reyes numerous times with both Asian and European tourists.