Thread: Jobo CPP2 no longer heating

Jobo CPP2 no longer heating

I have a Jobo CPP2 that was turned on with no water in it and consequently the heating element isn't heating.

The thermal cutout switch/button has corroded so it appears that the white button hasn't popped out. The 3 fuses are all fine and the rest of the processor operates as normal.

I can only assume that the thermal cutout has worked as intended but as the button has corroded and I'm at a loss of how to reset it. Or if that could even be done...

Has anyone had this issue? Ideally I would like to replace the thermal cutout switch but is there a way to fix a corroded one?

loujon

Re: Jobo CPP2 no longer heating

You should give Omar of CatLabs Jobo USA a call or email him. He should have the parts (unless on back order) and he'll be able to instruct you on how it's done. He may even have a demonstration video posted on YouTube. http://www.jobo-usa.com/

BTW- I see your from down under (stay cool!) but even if you order parts closer to home you could still seek out Omar's help he's a good guy and is a member here & has his head in a Jobo almost daily & like I said he may have a demo video of the procedure posted on YouTube.

Here's a link to Jobo EU https://www.jobo.com/?ecms_lang=EN
    Last edited by Louis Pacilla; 30-Jan-2019 at 14:29. Reason: add

Solved. I used some electrical lube on the button and then pushed it back home with the help of some pliers. Heating element now works.

Thanks Louis, stay warm!

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by yelmarb View Post
    Solved. I used some electrical lube on the button and then pushed it back home with the help of some pliers. Heating element now works.
    Fantastic! you've figured it out & it seems a not to difficult fix plus NO new parts needed! I'll keep this thread bookmarked as I haven't yet had this happen w/ my CCP2. YET!

Quote Originally Posted by yelmarb View Post
    Thanks Louis, stay warm!
    Thank you. I'm doing just that & I hope you find shade around every corner.