Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fujinon T 400mm F/8

Re: Fujinon T 400mm F/8

Another example of camera limiting what is needed lens wise to achieve image goals.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by diversey View Post
    I used my T400 lens on my 4x5 tachihara camera. The lens is too heavy for the camera.

I used my T400 lens on my 4x5 tachihara camera. The lens is too heavy for the camera.
    Oh that's unfortunate. What are the symptoms? Is it unusable or just not the best?

I used a Tachi for ten years- I imagine that the weight, and balance point, of the Fuji 400T would overpower the front standard. My 'long' lens on that camera was a Nikkor-M 300/9. Not the same, I admit!

They say the lens to have is the Fuji C 450mm for weight in that focal length. Pricey, but light weight and coverage galore.

Like Mark, I have a folder and a Fuji T 400mm and the weight does tend to overpower the front standard. You can do it, but requires some care.

T400 is a very nice lens, good for portrait and landscape. It is very cheap now. It can be used on tachihara 4x5 camera, but the front standard and lens are shaking when you rack out and in for focusing. I currently use T400 on my Deardorff 5x7 Camera.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAYnomad View Post
    Oh that's unfortunate. What are the symptoms? Is it unusable or just not the best?

Quote Originally Posted by roscoetuff-Skip Mersereau View Post
    They say the lens to have is the Fuji C 450mm for weight in that focal length. Pricey, but light weight and coverage galore.

Like Mark, I have a folder and a Fuji T 400mm and the weight does tend to overpower the front standard. You can do it, but requires some care.

Unfortunately the C450 is not a tele though, it has 425mm flang/film draw so can't use on a most (all?) field cameras. Maybe with a 6" tophat lens board

T400 is a very nice lens, good for portrait and landscape. It is very cheap now. It can be used on tachihara 4x5 camera, but the front standard and lens are shaking when you rack out and in for focusing. I currently use T400 on my Deardorff 5x7 Camera.
    Thanks. That sounds like it would still be usable then. I think I'll get one.

I've used mine with no problems on a metal field camera (Wista SP).

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    I've used mine with no problems on a metal field camera (Wista SP).
    Good, the Wista probably has smoother focusing than the Tachi and wouldn't get the wobbles as mentioned above. But it all sounds doable.

Who are "They" ?

IMO, Fujinon C is good, but not better than lenses of similar design and vintage of production.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by roscoetuff-Skip Mersereau View Post