Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon launch

Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

Thank you for shipping out the holder. Received my double 4x5 holders in Singapore. Dark slide feel good on one slide but tighter on the other. Should loosen up in time. Seems to hv an hairline crack (not glue mark) on the side (see first photo>. Probably will paste a black tape over it .

Sent from my Redmi Note 5A Prime using Tapatalk

Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

Has anybody in the western USA received a 4x5 holder, yet? According to the shipping notice I received, mine was shipped a couple of weeks ago and, according to the tracking info, it hasn't budged since 8/4.

Exploring Large Format Exploring Large Format's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    Has anybody in the western USA received a 4x5 holder, yet? According to the shipping notice I received, mine was shipped a couple of weeks ago and, according to the tracking info, it hasn't budged since 8/4.
    Still awaiting mine in Seattle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Received in ny.

A few people have. I’d guess it is stuck in quarantine / customs for whatever prescribed period customs officials have deemed necessary. West coast ports have a much larger throughput so things move slower. Covid has really mucked things up. If it makes you feel better, you’ll get yours sooner than Steve and I get ours. The rest of the run of parts are coming by boat!

-Jason
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

Quote Originally Posted by pound View Post
    Thank you for shipping out the holder. Received my double 4x5 holders in Singapore. Dark slide feel good on one slide but tighter on the other. Should loosen up in time. Seems to hv an hairline crack (not glue mark) on the side (see first photo>. Probably will paste a black tape over it .

Sent from my Redmi Note 5A Prime using Tapatalk
    Wipe down the dark slides with Pledge furniture polish. That will smooth things up. Trade secret that I discovered!

Received in CA 2 days ago.

What dry plates do y’all use, the J Lane’s or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Exploring Large Format View Post
    Still awaiting mine in Seattle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    And, Jason. Just checked the tracking a few minutes ago and mine is Out for Delivery. Yay!!

And, Jason. Just checked the tracking a few minutes ago and mine is Out for Delivery. Yay!!
    Oh nice!

Fate was waiting for you to ask before sending the holder on its way lol

Received my 8x10 and 5x7. Some assembly nit with the 8x10. The tape wasn’t cut cleanly, nothing a sharp razor can’t handle.

Looking forward to trying it out soon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2DF95A63-A6FC-44ED-8515-C39EFE6E42F4.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	206811
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy