Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 101

Thread: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon launch

  1. #51
    Matt Alexander
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    64

    Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

    Congrats Jason and Steve!
    I just checked the page and saw you had reached your goal! Thanks for putting all this together - can't wait to get mine and put some plates through them!

  2. #52
    Nodda Duma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Brookline, NH
    Posts
    953

    Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

    Thank you!

    I’ve been on vacation for the past week and getting ready to head back, so this was a nice way to wrap it up.

    Of course, now the real work begins. Final design review, wrap up details with the mold house, and all the other details.

    In the meantime, there’s still two weeks left in the campaign, so if anybody wants to acquire holders in this first production run, take the opportunity to do so!

    Cheers,
    Jason
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    975

    Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

    Yes, congrats to Jason and Steve. I checked it a few days ago and was concerned that pledges seemed to be really slowing down. I'm so happy to hear that the goal line was reached.

    On a related note: Jason, at some point in the future will these holders be generally available through your website? I went the cautious route and pledged for a 4x5 holder, only, because I have no experience with dry plates or the results obtained. Yep, I know I can see examples online, but I'm talking my own personal results. If this works out, I probably would want one for my 8x10.

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    23

    Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

    Quote Originally Posted by malexand View Post
    Congrats Jason and Steve!
    I just checked the page and saw you had reached your goal! Thanks for putting all this together - can't wait to get mine and put some plates through them!
    Thanks a lot Matt. I saw that we'd reached the goal as we were eating dinner earlier and nearly threw my plate of food over the kids ;0) Myself and Jason are looking forward to bringing something back to the community. Cheers

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    23

    Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    Yes, congrats to Jason and Steve. I checked it a few days ago and was concerned that pledges seemed to be really slowing down. I'm so happy to hear that the goal line was reached.

    On a related note: Jason, at some point in the future will these holders be generally available through your website? I went the cautious route and pledged for a 4x5 holder, only, because I have no experience with dry plates or the results obtained. Yep, I know I can see examples online, but I'm talking my own personal results. If this works out, I probably would want one for my 8x10.
    Thanks Alan. Yes, the holders will be available for sale through both of our websites, plus we're also working with other retail outlets at the moment to finalise them being sold through their sites too.

  6. #56
    Foamer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    2,135

    Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

    With more holders out there your next problem will be keeping up with plate demand.

    Kent in SD
    Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
    miserere nobis.

  7. #57
    Nodda Duma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Brookline, NH
    Posts
    953

    Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

    Final week of the campaign!

    I'm happy to announce that the campaign reached its funding goal last week, so these holders *will* become a reality. With the campaign ending at midnight on September 8th, you have one week left to get in on the first production run of double dry plate holders.

    The holders will also hold film via either antique film sheath adapters or low cost adapters which will be made available after the campaign.

    These will be the first double dry plate holders mass-produced in over 50 years (as far as I can tell).

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...y-plate-holder

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4X5_PLATE_HOLDER_-__ALT_2019-Sep-01_09-53-57AM-000_CustomizedView6488516637.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	195054
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

  8. #58

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    474

    Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

    Congrats Jason and Steve, a job well done, that's the dry plate holder taken care of, now I just need to buy one of them cameras!!

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Bucks County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    97

    Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

    Quote Originally Posted by Nodda Duma View Post
    Final week of the campaign!

    I'm happy to announce that the campaign reached its funding goal last week, so these holders *will* become a reality. With the campaign ending at midnight on September 8th, you have one week left to get in on the first production run of double dry plate holders.

    The holders will also hold film via either antique film sheath adapters or low cost adapters which will be made available after the campaign.

    These will be the first double dry plate holders mass-produced in over 50 years (as far as I can tell).

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...y-plate-holder

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4X5_PLATE_HOLDER_-__ALT_2019-Sep-01_09-53-57AM-000_CustomizedView6488516637.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	195054
    Hello Jason & Steve:
    CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your Kickstarter goal!
    Very exciting news!
    And thank you, Jason, for filling my dry plate order BEFORE your vacation ... a very pleasant surprise!
    Drew

  10. #60
    Nodda Duma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Brookline, NH
    Posts
    953

    Re: ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder Kickstarter - Friday 9 August 2019 Noon la

    Campaign ends THIS WEEKEND! Sundat at midnight Eastern.

    The campaign is fully funded, so the holders *will* happen. If you want to get in on the first production run, now’s your chance.
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

Similar Threads

  1. galaxy dry plate kickstarter
    By jnantz in forum Kickstarter Announcements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 5-Jul-2016, 15:15
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 19-May-2014, 12:41
  3. Fuji Quickload holder on the Noon 4x5
    By Fintan in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8-Apr-2008, 06:07

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •