Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what the stork delivered!!! She's just so beautiful!!!

Look what the stork delivered!!! She's just so beautiful!!!

She's finally here, a few quick, quick thoughts so I can go play. Tee hee!!!

First, thank you to Hugo for such a quality camera at a price I believe is very fair! Quick shipping and delivery, packed very well. Thank you!
    Second, ignore the photo quality, I'm in the messy basement and felt a few quick photos was OK as I'm impatient and didn't feel like setting up the lights and backgrounds...etc
    Third, I wanted Cherry, but only Teak was available. But I can tell you it's darker than either Hugo's photos or these show here. It's quite beautiful, the woodwork is impeccable. It is rich looking. You can't feel the wood joints when running a finger over them. I am much more than pleased with the entire appearance of this camera.
    Fourth, I will need to figure out how to keep the carbon fiber cover over the fresnel/GG (OK, I admit, I'm puzzled)
    Fifth, the rear swing and lack of rise will be different than what I've used in the distant past, but I knew that going in. This will be carried in a pack.

A few random thoughts and questions. First of all I don't want to get it dirty now, it's so perfect as it is. I'm not quite sure if I'll like the folding viewer with the carbon cover, I paid for that option but i'll try with and without it for a while and see what I prefer. If I don't use the folding cover I have to figure out how to keep the flat cover on. At 54 I can tell you presbyopia sucks, I can't see anything up close to focus, and the folding cover may make using a loupe cumbersome. I'll work through that. Finally, if you'll indulge me- the lens I got from Ebay is mounted on a Toyo board and is displaced inferiorly. It fits the camera and is held in place. Will this work or should I pull this off and mount it on the Chamonix board I purchased? If it works fine I may leave it for my next lens if the shutter size is the same. The Chamonix board has the hole in the middle, not displaced like this. This confused me. The photo is on the next post from me.

Finally, thank you for letting me share. People on this board have been beyond kind and helpful. Hopefully someday I'll learn enough to pass something on to someone else getting into this. I'll do my best to pay it forward. Weather is crappy tomorrowso i may just try my first still life inside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cham1.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	186762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cham2.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	186763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cham3.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	186764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cham4.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	186765

Re: Look what the stork delivered!!! She's just so beautiful!!!

The lens. Why is it displace and will it work?? It's a Toyo board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cham5.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	186766
    Last edited by Laminarman; 23-Jan-2019 at 18:47.

OOOoooooo shez purdy.

Ok, got the cover! Have to get it on there "just right" and it stays nicely.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Cool! I wish that stork had my GOS coordinates! Enjoy your new camera!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Cool! I wish that stork had my GOS coordinates! Enjoy your new camera!
    Wow...there's gonna be a learning curve with this. I think Mr. Scheimpflug left town.

Welcome to the Chamonix community. Love my trio of awesomeness:

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cuypers1807 View Post
    Welcome to the Chamonix community. Love my trio of awesomeness:
    Joseph: You win!!!
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Wow, that's impressive. I'm still trying to figure out what everything is. I turned the little screws on the back near the film holder that hold the GG out. Guess what? The GG falls RIGHT OUT. Guess what? I have the reflexes of a cheetah and caught it before it hit the concrete floor. Whew.. the rest of this takes place over a carpet. Can anyone shed light on whether I need to remove that Toya lens board?

Uncentered lens board -- it will work just fine. The centering index marks for rise/fall will be slightly off to the amount of the distance off-centered. You could measure the off-set and draw a new mark with a pencil. Save the other centered lensboard for a wider lens with less coverage when the need of being centered becomes more significant.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China