Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkroom Renovation Phase 1

Re: Darkroom Renovation Phase 1

First 5x7 Norma Test 75f8 SA CF E3 150F9 Aristo2 Perfection 3.5min by Nokton48, on Flickr

My one and only (so far!) test of my 5x7" Sinar Norma. Also testing the Schneider 75mm F8 Super Angulon, with the matching Schneider center filter marked "Filter for 75mm F8 SA".

5x7 HP5 D76 Omega E3 with Omegalite Head, Arista Ultra #2 RC paper Perfection D developer 3.5 minutes

The Apple Tree in my Backyard.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Kodak Blotter Roll Dryer 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Kodak Blotter Roll Dryer 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Yesterday I made this Kodak Blotter Roll Dryer, yet another Peterson's Photographic home darkroom project. I have some old fibre paper I want to start testing. This is a quick way to dry it. Right now the dryer has a 100W heating element, which is interchangeable. Also I want to add a switch and a timer for this unit. Adding some filter material is a good idea. Gentle dry heat is the result so far.

― Mark Twain

2nd Omegalite rebuilt and Petersons Film Washer by Nokton48, on Flickr

Petersons 16x20 Matte Fiber Print Dryer by Nokton48, on Flickr

Three unfinished projects I have been working on here and there, as I have time. Two Omega Omegalite 4x5 heads (both trashed) combined into one perfectly working unit. First unit had a bad transformer, bought the second unit for parts. Attaching some adhesive foam rubber to the bottom, and it's finished Good as new and cheap!

Second project is Petersons Photographic Rapid Film Washer. All plastic pipe is cut and tightly fitting just needs glued. Shown with stainless steel rod I bent to hold eight 120 steel reels (my biggest Nikor tank).

Third project is Petersons Photographic 16x20 Matte Fibre Print Dryer, all wiring completed except for the power cord. Four 640W wired in series pulls 600 watts, so I will keep the power cord short in length

Anybody know where I can get 16x20 photographic blotters, with muslin one sided? Been buying the plain blotters they sell cheaply at freestyle.

After the first of the year, I have a really big printing project coming up. Material from twenty five years ago.

― Mark Twain

Multigrade RC VC 70mm PX 1981 Microdol-X by Nokton48, on Flickr

From my humungeous stash of original 70mm Plus-X expired 1981. A nice photographer GAVE me eight rolls along with some darkroom stuff.
    It develops well in Microdol-X straight in a JOBO Multitank spun on an old Uniroller.

Printed darkroom Promaster RC VC Multipro developer

― Mark Twain

Please tell us more about the paper dryer

AND are those 3 'flow meters' on the back wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    2nd Omegalite rebuilt and Petersons Film Washer by Nokton48, on Flickr

Petersons 16x20 Matte Fiber Print Dryer by Nokton48, on Flickr

Three unfinished projects I have been working on here and there, as I have time. Two Omega Omegalite 4x5 heads (both trashed) combined into one perfectly working unit. First unit had a bad transformer, bought the second unit for parts. Attaching some adhesive foam rubber to the bottom, and it's finished Good as new and cheap!

Second project is Petersons Photographic Rapid Film Washer. All plastic pipe is cut and tightly fitting just needs glued. Shown with stainless steel rod I bent to hold eight 120 steel reels (my biggest Nikor tank).

Third project is Petersons Photographic 16x20 Matte Fibre Print Dryer, all wiring completed except for the power cord. Four 640W wired in series pulls 600 watts, so I will keep the power cord short in length

Anybody know where I can get 16x20 photographic blotters, with muslin one sided? Been buying the plain blotters they sell cheaply at freestyle.

After the first of the year, I have a really big printing project coming up. Material from twenty five years ago.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by underwood1988 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your suggestions
    Thanks. Constructive comments are welcomed

― Mark Twain

Darkroom Reno II No 5 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here is the completed Phase II of the darkroom side. I had a professional carpenter and also his friend the Electrician come in and finish this space. Lots of brainstorming and the design is perfect. It's warmer on this side of the wall, and I like developing film in this area. Total cost about $2000 The green Kreonite plate washing sink is a LOT more useful than I would have imagined.

Next big project is to build a retro 1960's era commercial studio. I have all the equipment, just need money for construction and select a start time when this Covid stuff has lessened.

Darkroom Reno II No 3 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Darkroom Reno II No 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

― Mark Twain

We look forward to your innovations and details
    Tin Can

My Kreonite color processor had three flow meters. The extra two I left on the water board (spares I guess).

I'm opening my second 250 sheet box of Arista 8x10 matte #2. Fibre printing will start up when I produced some decent RC work prints. I've got a lot that's never been printed.

I'm just happy when I work in the darkroom. I continue to work on this as I have time and energy.
    To work with this enlarger you approach it from the right side, it is designed that way. Works well in this space. Long print processing sink is only a few steps away

― Mark Twain

Darkroom Renovation Phase 2 No 6 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Carpenter made me this cool custom made E-3 Automega table. Storage underneath for enlarging lenses. Completely level and plumb. This enlarger is designed to be approached from the right side, works well within the overall darkroom space. The Omegalite head comes within one inch of the ceiling when maximally extended

― Mark Twain