Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkroom Renovation Phase 1

Re: Darkroom Renovation Phase 1

are you going to get a replacement color processor? I have a spare CP-31 I could probably part with... (bought as a spare for my main one, but never got around to needing it yet...)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    My New Delta Six Foot Darkroom Sink by Nokton48, on Flickr

Just drove all the way across town, and bought this Delta 6 foot Darkroom Sink for Fifty Bucks It sells new at B&H for almost $800, when you figure in the freight. I think it will hold three 16x20 Patterson trays so I think I am good to go. This will work well with the Kreonite 4x4' Sink to it's left, and the Calumet 16x20 print washer in between the two sinks.

Not too shabby! Needs to be pressure washed thoroughly, though Yuck! No cracks I can see, soon will be as good as new.
    I have a 48" Delta (beige color) that works great in my little 6'x8' Darkroom. Considered getting the larger one, but I can do just fine with what I have. I have a Versalab print washer that sits beside my sink. So, I can do up to 16x20.

Delta "The" Sinks like what we have can be purchased directly from the manufacturer. They include shipping as part of the price, and it's much less than $800, as I recall. For those that are interested, it's worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    are you going to get a replacement color processor? I have a spare CP-31 I could probably part with... (bought as a spare for my main one, but never got around to needing it yet...)
    Possibly in the distant future. But right now B&W
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Drop Ceiling Completely Done 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here you can see we have completed installing the drop ceiling. It really does finish the space. It took about six four hour sessions to finish it, WHEW!! Glad we are done with that and I'm super pleased. And as you can see, this part of the basement now has a heating duct. Cost me about $200 to do this work.

Drop Ceiling Completely Done 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here you can see I am starting to put up laminated paneling to finish the inside wall space. This is where we will be doing plumbing and electricals, and this is where the sink and Kreonite Water Thermostat/Water Board will go. The six foot sink will also be mounted here, with the 4x4 Kreonite sink just along this side of the concrete wall. Building the base for the sink shouldn't take long.

― Mark Twain

Big Stuff moved in darkroom by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here I've moved in the big stuff, to get a sense of best gear placement, and to see how it fills up the space. The darkroom is only 10x12 feet so it is now filled up, but not badly so, perfect for one worker (me!)

This will be cool when everything is buttoned up.

― Mark Twain

My darkroom is even smaller and has a 6' sink, an 8x10 Devere and a 4x5 LPL, a print drying cabinet and counter and storage space. I can be done and will work for one person!

Darkroom Sink Base 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Darkroom Sink Base 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

I worked hard all day yesterday and just finished this darkroom sink base. It was not so easy to create, but this one fits my Delta 6 foot Sink II like a glove. And solid as solid can be. Now I will calculate how long to make the legs, so it sits perfectly. I will also install leveling feet on each leg. And a storage shelf under the sink.

This whole sink new at B&H is $1350 plus freight. I'd estimate I have spent about $150 for everything for this part of the project.

― Mark Twain

I have been looking at your darkroom build with keen interest, looking to see at how you lay things out and solve the usual problems - I have been in the process of my own darkroom build and comparing notes with your experience is helpful. I built the darkroom stand 2x3's like you for an Edwards Engineering 8ft sink (Delta no longer makes an 8ft sink). Ventilation is next.

It is s-l-o-w going; a few hours every weekend is the most I have been able to devote to it and because I am cutting and sanding wood in the room, the place is a mess. I am hoping to be able to bring in the enlargers by the end of June.

Hey Renato,
    Good luck with it! Post some pictures here.

darkroom stand nearly done 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

darkroom sink stand nearly done 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

After puzzling around for a bit I figured out how to put legs on the sink frame. It's totally solid. I'll cut plywood for the lower shelf, and I might put in a second shelf. And add super heavy duty leveling feet under the legs. Have to take the legs off to get it into the darkroom, then re-assemble it. Almost done!

When this one is done I'll start on renovating the Kreonite plate washing sink.

― Mark Twain

It's a little further along than what the pictures show: The space under the sink has been finished and is ready for the various types of trays and a section for the drying screens. The sink is also now fully enclosed.
    On the right side of the plumbing photo is an Intellifaucet Water Mixing Valve - it's covered up to protect it from the incredible amount of dust being generated by sawing and sanding wood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DK4 copy.jpg   DK2 copy.jpg