Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: An E100 sheet film tease

Re: An E100 sheet film tease

I'm on your side. Digital sensors are so small that even a full frame DSLR looks weird, like a cell phone camera, thus the popularity of f 1.4 lenses.
    I have 5 enlargers setup, I am inept at Photoshop. I love black and white fiber printing, and color negative printing. The few little inkjet prints I've made from my little Fuji camera are charming as can be, straight prints, no adjustment post processing. Most digital work is so flogged with PS it's just nonsense.

People here don't have money. Thus not much film left professionally. I just bought 25 rolls of Velvia 120, I love film.

>> Even the new Natl Geo magazine images look like crap since digital with all its blatant trickery took over. That's not really the fault of the technology itself, but of the usual "let-it-all-hang-out" new toy mentality, devoid of tasteful restraint.

Not to disagree with the above assessment but to make it less biased I wish there was a method to measure all the crap that was and still being produced on and with film since film was invented.
    Some of it even comes prepackaged nowadays : https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...e_400_iso.html

Drew Wiley

I agree. New toy syndrome came along long before digital photography. I remember when Cibachrome first came out, and galleries wanted every picture to be a Ciba with something bright red dominant in it, just like Natl Geo decades before wanted someone in a red sweater or red swimsuit in each published shot. Now it's gotta be some artsy "cobweb inside the lens" digital app.

Isn’t all color subjective per viewer?

Many are colorblind

The biggest abomination I can still see is old movies converted from B&W to ‘color’

I really like B&W movies even modern flics issued in digital B&W often converted from color

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ced_since_1970
    Tin Can

Oddly the Tonight Show just showed B&W music video with B&W Kaleidoscope effects...

Synchronicity vive’!
    Tin Can

Pre-orders for sheets are available on FPP's store: https://filmphotographystore.com/col...0-10-sheet-box

Currently cheaper than Portra 400 (I would guess it won't stay like that).

Just got my second roll back. Stupidly trusted an unCLA'd Leica IIIf, so many shots were bad. Canon 35/2 lens:

First roll, I rescanned because The Darkroom had weird colors. Nokton 50/1.5:

Drew Wiley

Just got my test roll back. Seems to be true 5500K "daylight" balanced, finer-grained than any previous Ektachrome. As they claim, white whites; in other words, damn little latitude at the top end (a doubtful "improvement" in my mind). No recip correction needed 10 sec or under. Clean color balance, but not as neutral as Astia.