Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wista 45DX Manual

Wista 45DX Manual

Okay. I have spent the past couple of hours trying to chase down leads on a copy of the instruction manual for the Wista 45DX. Every path turned into a dead end.There has got to be a manual available somewhere online. Can someone please help and/or point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Ed

Re: Wista 45DX Manual

I have the manuals for the metal-bodied Wistas, but I have never seen manuals for the wooden ones. I don't know for sure that any exist - the Wista website in Japan has no links to any. My impression is that many wooden cameras have never had manuals - it's assumed that the user can figure out the camera without help, or will get help from someone.

The current US distributor for Wista is OmegaBrandess. You could try asking them.

Do you have any specific questions about the camera? If you post them here people can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    I have the manuals for the metal-bodied Wistas, but I have never seen manuals for the wooden ones. I don't know for sure that any exist - the Wista website in Japan has no links to any. My impression is that many wooden cameras have never had manuals - it's assumed that the user can figure out the camera without help, or will get help from someone.

The current US distributor for Wista is OmegaBrandess. You could try asking them.

Do you have any specific questions about the camera? If you post them here people can help.
    Yes, there were manuals, at least for the ones that we distributed. We gave Omega my binder of Wista literature - including manuals for all of the 45 wood and metal folding cameras. As far as I know Jeff at Omega should have that binder.

Thanks, Bob, that's good to hear.

It's more of a pamphlet than a manual but here you go:

Wista 45DX Manual PDF

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Yes, there were manuals, at least for the ones that we distributed. We gave Omega my binder of Wista literature - including manuals for all of the 45 wood and metal folding cameras. As far as I know Jeff at Omega should have that binder.
    I tried contacting the distributor listed on the Wista website and my e-mails kept bouncing back. The US distributor listed there wasn't named Omega though.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    It's more of a pamphlet than a manual but here you go:

Wista 45DX Manual PDF
    It's more than I have so thank you very much. Even a little information is better than none.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post

Just basic operation for now. I am currently using a Speed Graphic and just purchase a 45DX on Ebay. It is due to arrive on Friday. I just want to make sure I don't do anything stupid which I am often prone to do. The link provided below should help... I hope!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Vatza View Post
    I tried contacting the distributor listed on the Wista website and my e-mails kept bouncing back. The US distributor listed there wasn't named Omega though.

Ed
    Sorry about that, they apparently don’t update their site very often. That was our company that we closed 3 years ago next month. Omega took over distribution, accessories and whatever we had left in brochures and literature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Vatza View Post
    Just basic operation for now. I am currently using a Speed Graphic and just purchase a 45DX on Ebay. It is due to arrive on Friday. I just want to make sure I don't do anything stupid which I am often prone to do. The link provided below should help... I hope!

Ed
    Good luck and enjoy!