Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega Automega D3

Re: Omega Automega D3

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Edmondson View Post
    Nice looking enlarger James... if memory serves me, you should be able to use the cams with other lens brands of the same focal length but may have to adjust the focus slightly (most of the experience I had was that I almost always did some "tweaking" but the cams were useful in that the "gross-adjustment" - for lack of a better term - accompanying a change in enlargement was done by the AF feature. I wouldn't hazard a guess on the third one other than to say that I would give it a try with the 50mm that was with the enlarger. I will check my "treasure chest" tomorrow and see if I still have some negative carriers... I seem to recall a 35mm and a 4x5... as previously noted, many of us hoarded negative carriers and I can't even recall how many different enlargers I went through over the course of sixty years.
    Joel
    Hi Joel, Thanks for the info and for looking for carriers. I would def be interested. Shoot me a PM with what you find and a price.

I used a D-3 autofocus for several years. I only had a 150mm and a 50mm focusing track. I was able to us an 80mm lens for 120 printing by using a bellows focusing cone and the 50mm track. I gave this enlarger away years ago when I bought my ZoneVI that I use today. I recently rescued a D-2 that belonged to a friend as his widow wanted it out of the house. Unfortunely it had been stored in the attic for a long time and needs work and carriers.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by Ron McElroy View Post
    I used a D-3 autofocus for several years. I only had a 150mm and a 50mm focusing track. I was able to us an 80mm lens for 120 printing by using a bellows focusing cone and the 50mm track. I gave this enlarger away years ago when I bought my ZoneVI that I use today. I recently rescued a D-2 that belonged to a friend as his widow wanted it out of the house. Unfortunely it had been stored in the attic for a long time and needs work and carriers.
    Hi Ron, Did you use the Autofocus feature or just use it manually? Thanks!

I did use the autofocus but found that the focus did shift when moving the enlarger up and down. However fine focusing with a grain magnifier was quick because the negative stayed close in focus.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis