Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10x12 format?

Re: 10x12 format?

Not a user yet.

I have a 10X12 Deardorff S11 back, but no holder.

I also have a 11X14 plate holder with wood insert to size it to 10X12 plate.

I may shoot 10X12 plate in my adapted 11X14 plate holder as I have an 11X14 back for the S11.

Say that 3 times fast!
    Tin Can

In the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by Monty McCutchen View Post
    Dave my old friend!

I use a 10 x 12 Canham for a large portion of my Wet Plate work. Love the format. To me it is the sweet spot to holding a plate in your hands and hanging it on the wall. I also use it for pt/Pd work

Hope you are well

Monty
    Yo Monty,
    I'm looking into the 10x12, am working with 14 x 17 this winter and spring, 10 x 12 seems to be a good "all round" format...Hugo is worth up some custom specs for me.

If you ever heard back from Chamonix regarding a 10x12” camera and you can share, I’d love to know details / price. I’m actually quite keen on this format and if money come my way via print sales - yeah right! - I might order one with also an 8x10” reducing back. I’m keen to know if they make holders, too.

Lastly, a friend just ordered a custom cut box of true 10x12” film from Adox (chs100ii) and they can cut pretty quickly! Their standard closest sheet size is actually 9.45x12” though. Is this a more usual sizecthese days, or what? I see Adox, Bergger and Ilford all produce paper at this size too, rather than true 10x12.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    Yo Monty,
    I'm looking into the 10x12, am working with 14 x 17 this winter and spring, 10 x 12 seems to be a good "all round" format...Hugo is worth up some custom specs for me.

In the desert...

Tim, I've been "off line" for awhile and did not see your post, sorry. Yes Hugo worked up some details for me on camera and some holders. I'll decide on a format addition after my stash of 14x17 is depleted , hopefully this einter-spring- I don't get out much invthe Summer anymore in this Mojave heat? Send a note over to Hugo Zang.
    Cheers Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim V View Post
    Lastly, a friend just ordered a custom cut box of true 10x12” film from Adox (chs100ii) and they can cut pretty quickly! Their standard closest sheet size is actually 9.45x12” though. Is this a more usual sizecthese days, or what?".....
    9.45x12" sounds like 24x30cm. The availability of cameras which take this European standard equivalent to 10x12" is greater than the corresponding numbers of 10x12". Lots were made made around 1900 and are reasonably priced these days.

Hi, I've just bought a 10x12 Vageeswari from India, complete with a barrel CZJ Tessar and three double holders... in not the best condition. I think out of 6 plates, I can use 1 straight away without repairs. Just doing first trials with X-Ray film and it works, but only inside as I have no shutter. I'm interested probably in a Packard style shutter. But mostly I'm interested in use it for wet plate collodion, of which I have expererience up to 18x24 cm with a pair of GOMZ FKD cameras.