Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Film Holders and light meter

Replacement Film Holders and light meter

Just received the first 8 of 14 replacement Toyo cut film holders for 4x5 and my replacement Seikonoic L508 light meter. I lost my film bag with 14 holders, film, and light meter while up at Pariah Canyon and Vermillion cliffs area. I was sicker than 3 dogs and tried to make it work. Hint, if your sick make sure your wife knows your gear and is looking out for you. Nice this g is though, the light meter is pretty much brand new and unused. The film holders look and feel brand new and I got them for around 20 bucks a holder. Waiting on final 6 to show up. I need to now replace my wooden Chamonix holder and get like a total of ten. That was an expensive trip. Didn't even get one frame shot.

Old School Wayne

Re: Replacement Film Holders and light meter

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Just received the first 8 of 14 replacement Toyo cut film holders for 4x5 and my replacement Seikonoic L508 light meter. I lost my film bag with 14 holders, film, and light meter while up at Pariah Canyon and Vermillion cliffs area. I was sicker than 3 dogs and tried to make it work. Hint, if your sick make sure your wife knows your gear and is looking out for you. Nice this g is though, the light meter is pretty much brand new and unused. The film holders look and feel brand new and I got them for around 20 bucks a holder. Waiting on final 6 to show up. I need to now replace my wooden Chamonix holder and get like a total of ten. That was an expensive trip. Didn't even get one frame shot.

How can you lose a bag with 14 holders and a light meter? And where did you lose it? Maybe someone here will be in the area and can keep an eye out. Its probably not worth enough to steal since most people here are rich.

I was like beyond death after driving 6 hours to get there, it was also freezing cold. I figure I thought I put it in truck, but in my state I probably left it on rail of pick up bed and drove off. I checked with hitel they didn't have it, police didn't have it. If someone goes down the road to the Pariah Canyon view point off highway 89, it could be there or perhaps somewhere along House Rock RD. Black bag with 14 film holders mix of Toyo cut film holders with blue writing and somebothers with met pull tabs. By Toyo as well I think. Also has the Seikonic light meter in it.

I just tried pushing it when I should just stayed in bed at hotel.

did you include any contact info in your bag or label the meter with a contact number or email address?

i did alot of backpacking in the mountains n learned to put my info on everything. over the years ive found so many items of forgetful hikers without any clue who to return it to. id just turn it over to the park rangers or leave it at the trail head at the sign in book.

I didn't. Years of being a Sheriff's Deputy, I got in the habbit of not leaving my information on anything. When I was in, it was like now where officers are targeted so we made sure nothing of a personal nature ever left our control for any reason.

When were you down here? It’s been snowing and raining a lot here but I’m planning on heading out that way Monday just because. I’ll have a look around.

The weekend of the 27-29 December 2018. That would be appreciated. I haven't checked with the Paige police since I left. I am thinking of calling Utah state police see if they have anything.

Glad you made it back safe!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    The weekend of the 27-29 December 2018. That would be appreciated. I haven't checked with the Paige police since I left. I am thinking of calling Utah state police see if they have anything.
    Would not hurt to call but Out here stuff will just sit in a ditch until it decays away unless someone, like me, stops to take a photo. Way too many miles and way too few officers. If I get out there I’ll look.