Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Writing on Photography Ever!

Re: Best Writing on Photography Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    I like to think of this as verbal diarrhea. ...
    A worthy observation. Think of the mind behind that statement, thus leading to the watery version...

The photos may be the visual equivalent.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

What are the photographs like?

http://www.americansuburbx.com/2019/...realities.html

Have fun, there's a lot more to read! And no, I did not read all of it, but I did glance at the photos...

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

My gosh, the writer for that is just awful. I'm assuming it was written in some other language, and the interpretation doesn't work for English. I've read molecular biophysics articles that are more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    My gosh, the writer for that is just awful. I'm assuming it was written in some other language, and the interpretation doesn't work for English. I've read molecular biophysics articles that are more clear.
    I recall that the people who defined 'International Art English' made a comment to the effect that it often resembled 'inexpertly translated French' even when English was the author's native language...

Writing in clear English would often rapidly reveal that the ideas being presented are neither radical or original. Much like the willfully ignorant harrumphing that such texts cause when presented to an audience as an object intended to be subject to reactionary derision.

I was able to find something just as profound using google translate on a foreign version of a particular book....

This is a crazy fascination in the United States, shining on the streets of the sun and music comes from a funeral jukebox when Robert Frank shows in his huge photo that his old car is a mystery, genius, sadness and secret in your old car. They saw it in the movie. --J.K. (via Google Translate)

I submit for your amusement... the artist's statement generator...

https://www.artybollocks.com/generator.html

-C

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    First, thanks your earlier interpretation. Regarding research articles we were taught that twenty or so words per sentence were adequate and the semi-colon is our friend.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsydog View Post
    Is recreational marijuana legal in the authors state.
    Dunno, but it should be required for curators! Within a sentence of 120 words they should be so f*ucked up to be forced to recompose. ctl-a, d, ctl-n. Whatever. Like a big old digital bitch-slap.

Back in the late 1970s I entered a print is a show (attached image). Print was accepted in the show. Went to the opening and was surprised to see that the print was hung to be the first print to be sen as you as you entered the gallery, obviously the best location in the show. A Curator was walking over to my print with a crowd of people following him. He started to talk about my photograph for 5 to 10 minutes. He was explaining how the photographer created the image as a metaphor for life itself. If the photographer were here today, this is what the photographer would tell us. Paraphrasing what he said: Life began and rose from the earth, on the left side. Was experiences by the circle of the branches, and in the end died going back into the earth from whence it came from. I just stood in back and never ID'd myself. Truth is: It stopped snowing outside. Went out with my Hass and its 50mm lens. Hiked maybe 2 minutes into the woods near my house. Suddenly the Sun came out. Started shooting as fast as I could before the snow began to melt and fall from the branches of the trees above. Lens was pre-focused for around 6 - 10 feet away and fully stopped down (Was shooting Ektachrome and processing as a color neg, so its effective ASA was way up there). Image wasn't deliberately composed but more like just a completely lucky shot. Think that it was the only image out of the 12 exposures worth printing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laurel&snow.jpg