Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Scanner Comparison 2019 [Epson Flatbed | Eversmart Flatbed | Drum Scanners]

Re: Scanner Comparison 2019 [Epson Flatbed | Eversmart Flatbed | Drum Scanners]

I find often at 6000dpi on my V850, I can get away with no sharpening, but if I do any, it is with High Pass and in the mid-tones mostly and only to the point I can just barely make it out.

Quote Originally Posted by alen View Post
    Thanks for the tip, that works well for me too in my scanning results! (Silverfast @6400dpi).
    Prior to that I had more modest sharpening, 0.5pix 200%.
    alen, I'd point that this 2.5pix / 50% setting may be good for that particular situation, but IMHO every case is different.

The sharpening radius (etc) also may be optimized for different images depending on:

> Scan dpi

> Lens performance

> image softness from aperture (spheric aberration from a too wide aperture or diffraction from a too stopped lens)

> if not a perfect focus

> Photoshop may also solve motion blur from shake if shutter speed is close of "vibration frequency"

> Film type

or sections of the same image:

> shadows vs mids vs highlights

> perfect plane of focus vs other regions in DOF but not having perfect focus

... and a final sharpening can be done with radius related to viewing distance

Seems like all the images from this thread have disappeared. Any way to reclaim them?

Peter

It's doubtful that those images can be reclaimed.
    You might find this post helpful ... https://www.largeformatphotography.i...atbed-scanners
    And you can use Google to find other posts on this forum by using this search string ... site:largeformatphotography.info + scanner comparison
    And there is this ... https://www.largeformatphotography.i...an-comparison/