Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Scanner Comparison 2019 [Epson Flatbed | Eversmart Flatbed | Drum Scanners]

Re: Scanner Comparison 2019 [Epson Flatbed | Eversmart Flatbed | Drum Scanners]

Drum scanners are next and while setting up the scans, I took this quick screen capture to show the size of the USAF 1951 target next to my 35MM Color Target and 6x7 Negative.

Those center blocks are Group 4 and 5 and inside them are 6 and 7. It's super tiny!

Thanks Pali.

Use screen shots more!

You are doing us all a great service.

I have a USAF tiny target coming on loan!
    Tin Can

Note that rotating a image in post will cause a loss of detail.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I did not know that, I will be more careful with my scan orientations.

But I don't print from scans...yet!

Never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Note that rotating a image in post will cause a loss of detail.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    scan orientations.
    As Peter notes, one has to be careful with rotations, the image should have highest possible pixel count, and you have do no more than a single rotation, if a rotation has to be corrected then better to undo it and making the right one than making another one on the previous result.

Unfortunately, I need to keep the drum balanced so rotating them won't be possible without great deal of headache. I will post the drum scan raw files without any rotation so the original file is still intact but I will rotate the images for JPEG demonstration here.

Scanview Scanmate 11000 Drumscanner | ColorQuartet 5.2.2 WIN | IT8 Colortarget 16 BIT RAW

LINK TO FILE

Scanview Scanmate 11000 Drumscanner | ColorQuartet 5.2.2 WIN | IT8 Colortarget 16 BIT RAW

This is the best resolution my Scanmate 11000 can achieve. Notice how the scan shows the "Wow & Flutter" effect which is a result of scan lines not matching due to calibration not being 100%. I need to replace the DC motor to correct this and haven't gotten to it yet because I don't need any higher resolution than what can be achieved here.

LINK TO FILE

If I zoom the image 200%, I can see lines at Group 7 Element 2 which puts the DPI at ~7300.

Scanview Scanmate 11000 Drumscanner | ColorQuartet 5.2.2 WIN | Kodak Portra 160 Color Negative 16 BIT RAW

LINK TO FILE

The best ColorPerfect conversion I could achieve without increasing saturation. LINK TO 5000 DPI FILE

I hope no one minds me saying this but as I expected, the colors on the drum are just another level without touching anything. I am sure just as amazing colors can be achieved with some post editing on the flatbed scans.

Epson V700

Eversmart Pro

Eversmart Supreme

Scanmate 11000