Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Scanner Comparison 2019 [Epson Flatbed | Eversmart Flatbed | Drum Scanners]

Re: Scanner Comparison 2019 [Epson Flatbed | Eversmart Flatbed | Drum Scanners]

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Maybe we should let this thread be strictly about Pali's comparisons, using other threads for advice on particular workflows.
    I agree, this is a really interesting initiative and better if we don't go much off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    I use Epsonscan with my V600 and usually scan at 2400. With medium format that goives me 200mb files. Highest DPI isn;t practical. It would give me 1tb + files. At what pointt does the scanner really not distinguishing pixels?
    According to filmscanner.info:

"In order to achieve the maximum resolution of 1560ppi, one does not have only to scan the with the highest optical resolution but it is sufficient to digitalize the original with 3200ppi. The effectively achieved resolution does not differ, no matter if one scans with 3200ppi or with 6400ppi - in both cases, an effective resolution of 1560ppi will be achieved!"

I scan MF at 4300 (optical) on my IQsmart and 6 x 6 scans run around 500MB

I think you meant 1GB, not 1TB

By the way I often get 900MB files from 6 x 12. No issue working them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    I use Epsonscan with my V600 and usually scan at 2400. With medium format that goives me 200mb files. Highest DPI isn;t practical. It would give me 1tb + files. At what pointt does the scanner really not distinguishing pixels?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrada View Post
    Is it just my old eyes or is the image a bit on the soft side??? (Nothing wrong with a soft image - I like it.) But if one is going to compare scans wouldn't a crisper image be better?
    Good point - its too soft so I'll find another image to go by. Thanks Jim!

I'll be scanning and posting more results tonight. Stay tuned

It's OK to say that it's my fault because I'm getting old - my wife always says things like that so I'm used to it - except she'd blame my brain instead of my eyes. (just kidding of course)

Creo/Scitex Eversmart Supreme | OxygenScan 2.6.4 | IT8 Colortarget 16 BIT RAW (DT)

LINK TO FILE

Creo/Scitex Eversmart Surpreme | OxygenScan 2.6.4 | USAF 1951 Resolution Target 16 BIT RAW (DT)

This is the best resolution my Eversmart Supreme can achieve when scanned at 11000 DPI. I think resolution is around Group 6 Element 5 putting it around 5100 DPI.

LINK TO FILE

UPDATE: Rescanned the resolution target with the Black Frame Glass vs. Purple Frame Glass. I can see lines upto Group 7 Element 1 but lets go with Group 6 Element 6 to be safe which puts DPI resolution around 5700 DPI. Impressive

Last edited by Pali K; 16-Jan-2019 at 19:36.

Creo/Scitex Supreme | OxygenScan 2.6.4 | Kodak Portra 160 Color Negative 16 BIT RAW (DT)

LINK TO FILE

The best ColorPerfect conversion I could achieve without increasing saturation. LINK TO 5000 DPI FILE

One thing not mentioned here, is a wet scan on the v700. It does make a huge difference...enough that I will use my v700/wet over my dedicated 35mm scanner with 35mm film.

Although I have no dpi figures, it resolves the grain much better.

I think that Supreme might need a bit of cleaning up of dust. Vertical lines in USAF 1951 target get messed up well before horizontal lines. This is how it should look like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mwsupreme.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	186459