Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Scanner Comparison 2019 [Epson Flatbed | Eversmart Flatbed | Drum Scanners]

Re: Scanner Comparison 2019 [Epson Flatbed | Eversmart Flatbed | Drum Scanners]

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    One sets focus by adjusting the height of the film holder. I updated mine with 3/16x100 tpi thread. And made sever laser cut aluminum film masks. Had cerakoted in black and will next cover them in black flocking.
    Are you using the more accurate scanner lens that works with the film holders rather than the less accurate on used on the platen for 8x10's?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Are you using the more accurate scanner lens that works with the film holders rather than the less accurate on used on the platen for 8x10's?
    Don’t know about more accurate per se, but yes. I use the one for 5x7 and smaller film.

Great to have this back...perhaps the site mods could find a way to archive it all. It's a bit more useful than the existing scanner comparison IMHO.

Makes me pretty confident in my Eversmart Supreme II purchase.

Are there any suggestions for which in the current world would be a good purchase to get print Quality ( 40x60 up ) scans of 6x7, 4x5, 6x17, 5x7 slides? I have been shooting digital for the most part but I want to get back into film.

Quote Originally Posted by jesslee View Post
    Are there any suggestions for which in the current world would be a good purchase to get print Quality ( 40x60 up ) scans of 6x7, 4x5, 6x17, 5x7 slides? I have been shooting digital for the most part but I want to get back into film.

You can easily achieve those sizes with an IQSmart2, IQSmart3, Eversmart Supreme I/II. Easily both in the sense of the scanners capabilities and in the sense of fussing with the hardware.

I have three scanners - Epson 850 pro - Eversmart Creo Supreme - and Imocan

I love all three and there are differences and we use each scanner for their strong points. I highly recommend all three.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I have three scanners - Epson 850 pro - Eversmart Creo Supreme - and Imocan

I love all three and there are differences and we use each scanner for their strong points. I highly recommend all three.
    This is a great insight.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    This is a great insight.
    A friend of mine is designing a light box - high quality lens - imocan style loading system to do copy work of old negs. I will be putting a 100mb mirrorless camera on it . kind of double usage, we are just waiting for the price of these backs to drop in the next two years.
    I believe this will be the unit I will use with my young staff moving forward. We do a lot of work from the 50', 60' 70 era now archiving large bodies of work and then ultimately making show prints

That should be a great system, Bob, and it will be relatively fast to use.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    That should be a great system, Bob, and it will be relatively fast to use.
    Speed and high quality, I have compared the Phase One system to Imocan and the Creo and it is favorable, I think one of the fuji or sony mirrorless will be the way I go, this tech moves fast.