Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Dark Cloth

2019 Dark Cloth

The other day, I pulled out my 8x10 Darkjacket, and the fabric has deteriorated. It's sticking together. Anyway, what is the current state of commercial dark cloths? I'll probably stick to 4x5, and it's very true that I can just use a dark, heavy sweatshirt, but maybe there's a fairly new decent commercial option? I don't want to make my own, or use ones with velcro, ties, weighted corners.... It'd mostly be used in colder weather.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Re: 2019 Dark Cloth

Peter, you might hate me for this. I described to my wife a desirable dark cloth one that would cover 8x10" or 4x5", stretch snugly over the ground glass and have a sleeve to allow film holder insertion/removal and she replied, "What about one of those stupid oversized Harley-Davidson T-shirts you never wear."

Another vote for Wanderer dark cloths. Reasonably priced, comfortable and highly functional.

The newer hybrid Blackjacket no longer uses the silver material that breaks down
    for me their design is still the best

I have 2 of the original hybrid models, I don't store them folded up so the aluminized material doesn't get sticky
    like the Harrison products that use the same material proper storage is key to longevity (even though it's a pain)

Yeah, that was the problem. It was folded up for quite awhile. I learned about some new options. Thanks!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Peter,

I use the BTZS hood: http://www.badgergraphic.com/opencar...product_id=675 and have been happy with it.

Bob

BTZS is ok, but I had to modify mine extensively to fit over my 8x10 rear standard as the drawsting didn't pull out enough. Also added extra Velcro as found I was fumbling with it a lot. Wouldn't buy again.

+1 for the Paramo Dark Cloth. It was made to Joe Cornish's specification.

It's light, showerproof, packs down really small, elasticated at the camera end and has both dome and zip fasteners down it's length for adjustment.

Mike