A camera I just bought came with replacement synthetic bellows. The bellows themselves are brand new. There are no pinholes, and no light leaks in the body of the bellows; they're in excellent condition. But, whoever installed the new synthetic bellows to the old frame was sloppy. Where the bellows are glued to the frame I'm noticing a small amount of light leakage.*

A new bellows for this camera from the manufacturer would cost more than the camera is worth, so that's not an option. I wonder if a very small amount of "Liquid Electrical Tape" applied to the edges of the bad glue joins might due the trick. The product I'm thinking of is called "Permatex Liquid Electrical Tape". The manufacturer's description says "Applies as a liquid, then cures to a flexible, vinyl polymer". Has anyone used this kind of product to deal with a problem like this?

Thanks, Rob

* I discovered the leakage by installing a light fixture in a lens board and sticking it into the fully extended bellows (with an LED "bulb" equivalent to a 60W incandescent, but giving off very little heat). I set the camera up in a light tight room, turned off the lights, let my eyes adapt for 5 minutes, and then turned on the light fixture inside the camera. After a while I noticed the tiny light leaks at the joins.