Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Slide Show Tribute to Mother & WWII

Re: A Slide Show Tribute to Mother & WWII

Thanks David!

Quote Originally Posted by diversey View Post
    Nice video!
    Tin Can

A wonderful tribute to your mother. I have been working on one for my mother who died a number of years ago. I was born in the middle of an air raid in London, England and my mother looked after me virtually on her own during WW2 as my dad was in the Royal Armoured Corp (Churchill tanks) and often away somewhere. She had amazing grit and a silent unassuming courage that was so typical of women of her era. Your tribute has spurred me on to complete my tribute to my mom.

Thank you Simon, what's not in the video is my father was wounded in France and spent a year in hospital before shipping home.

He would never discuss the war, hid his Purple Heart, mother showed me.

He was never so chipper as he was in those images. I wrote his and mother's obits.

WWII is never far from my mind. My first wife was born in an Occupied Germany 'camp'. She was not German.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Benton View Post
    A wonderful tribute to your mother. I have been working on one for my mother who died a number of years ago. I was born in the middle of an air raid in London, England and my mother looked after me virtually on her own during WW2 as my dad was in the Royal Armoured Corp (Churchill tanks) and often away somewhere. She had amazing grit and a silent unassuming courage that was so typical of women of her era. Your tribute has spurred me on to complete my tribute to my mom.
    Tin Can