Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Share a tip?

Re: Share a tip?

I use a cooler for a camera bag
    Except in Yosemite.
    A cooler doesn't shout "steal me!"
    A cooler (without ice, of course) provide a bit of thermal protection for film during hot summers.

Unfortunately bears in Yosemite can read Igloo and Coleman so I don't use a cooler there.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

multiplex

don't sweat the small stuff
    and don't forget its supposed to be fun

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    don't sweat the small stuff
    and don't forget its supposed to be fun
    Very true. If it isn't fun anymore I just don't do it. Which is why I gave up golf and skiing. I'm not going to be a superstar and I make images for me alone. If I like them I'm happy. I have a friend who was always self conscious of her photos, all she ever took was pictures of clouds. Just plain old clouds. I told her to take photos of what made her happy. She bought a nicer SLR, I helped her get them processed and enlarged. And now her office at work is filled with clouds on all the walls, tastefully presented. Those who told her to take different subjects now walk in and feel at ease because it's quite beautiful and peaceful. That's all that matters to me anymore. This is a great forum BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Laminarman View Post
    Very true. If it isn't fun anymore I just don't do it. Which is why I gave up golf and skiing. I'm not going to be a superstar and I make images for me alone. If I like them I'm happy. I have a friend who was always self conscious of her photos, all she ever took was pictures of clouds. Just plain old clouds. I told her to take photos of what made her happy. She bought a nicer SLR, I helped her get them processed and enlarged. And now her office at work is filled with clouds on all the walls, tastefully presented. Those who told her to take different subjects now walk in and feel at ease because it's quite beautiful and peaceful. That's all that matters to me anymore. This is a great forum BTW.
    I love this story. Such good advice.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Make sure your bellows' shadow is not on your ground glass when the bellows is well extended. Don't ask me how I know that.
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

Oh, another tip: in NM the summers qualify as very hot, and I keep my film holders in a six-pack cooler. Small. Easy to carry. Somewhat like John K, but I just keep the rest of the gear in a case on the back seat. And run the AC hard in the car.
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."