Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bore Da, Hello from Wales UK.

Red face Bore Da, Hello from Wales UK.

Hi Every one!

I am very very new to Large format, (waiting for my intrepid 4X5 to arrive) and relatively new to photography which I have sort of dabbed in and out since my teenage years, I currently do some digital photography work mainly as a hobby which also pays from time to time, however I do not rely on it.

I really hope I can learn and expand my experiences with Large Format, so glad to have found this!!!

Re: Bore Da, Hello from Wales UK.

Welcome aboard Sajad.

Mike

Welcome. I have a brother who lives in Cardiff. Years ago I took many chromes around his then home in nearby Llantrisant (spelling?) with a Linhof Technika V with 90 and 150 lenses. A couple of years ago we visited St Davids but without LF in tow, only a Sony A850. LF makes one more contemplative of the image as well as the cost of film and processing. Good luck.

Welcome, I’m looking forward to seeing your images. When I lived in the U.K., many years back, I spent time working in Milford Haven (South Wales) and hiking and climbing up to the North around the National Park. Where are you?

Yes Welcome, we've been there several time and always enjoyed the place and people very much

j

Welcome, if you want to learn you have come to the right site. I was born in St Asaph, (LLanwellyn) in HMS Stanley Hospital, recently demolished. You live in a very picturesque part of the world, ideal for Large Format Masterpieces.
    In the late eighties I did a swap with a British soldier for four months and stayed at Sennybridge and Brecon while the Cambrian Marches were on. I had a wonderful time with many fond memories.

Quote Originally Posted by mpirie View Post
    Welcome aboard Sajad.

Mike
    Thank you so much Mike.

Spot on. South Wales is quite varied and easy access in most cases, I am hoping for calm weather though, I guess that will be the biggest challenge right after my learning curve lols

Quote Originally Posted by andrewch59 View Post
    Welcome, if you want to learn you have come to the right site. I was born in St Asaph, (LLanwellyn) in HMS Stanley Hospital, recently demolished. You live in a very picturesque part of the world, ideal for Large Format Masterpieces.
    In the late eighties I did a swap with a British soldier for four months and stayed at Sennybridge and Brecon while the Cambrian Marches were on. I had a wonderful time with many fond memories.
    Thank you, I landed here by searching around and have really found the large format info page so so useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in Cardiff, although my work takes me all around South Wales and I am always on the look out for compositions. Milford Haven is a lovely place, I consider Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire (being closer to Cardoff) as first option for time away when time is short. Weather is unpredictable though :-)