Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gibellini ACN810

Re: Gibellini ACN810

It’s a bit frustrating as Gibellini only show the more expensive GP model on their website, with no mention of their more modestly priced ACN.

It kinda is. I wasn't informed about the ACN810 until Alessandro reached out to me when he saw I was looking for an 8x10. I want say after everything mine was about 2500ish Euros.

That's how I found out, too. I like my ACD enough to think I'd buy an N in the future as an upgrade of sorts. Seems well priced.

I'm wondering, are you able to accidentally slide the focusing rails off the tracks if winding back too far, or is there a stopper now installed?

Also, with regards to the etched scales on the base, are they on both sides to aid in assuring parallelism of the rear standard when moving it forward for shorter lenses, or is it just on one side of the base?

T

How are their film holders? The price / quality ratio looks good. Plus they make up to 11x14. Are they light relative to a Toyo made of plastic? How is the function and film registration?

Would be interested to hear about the holders too.

Also, is anyone out there using the new GP810?

There is a stopper on the focusing mechanism, its basically a nob attached to a very long screw with a stopper to prevent it from popping off. I haven't ordered any of their film holders yet as I'm still building the kit to be ready for the spring and I'm mostly focused on getting the lenses I want as some are hard to find. Though $200 isn't a bad price for 8x10 film holders in general.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse1996 View Post
    It kinda is. I wasn't informed about the ACN810 until Alessandro reached out to me when he saw I was looking for an 8x10. I want say after everything mine was about 2500ish Euros.
    Can you post the spec here for reference as well?