Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gibellini ACN810

Re: Gibellini ACN810

I briefly had a wan prior to my current camera and looks to be the same chassis. The wan has the same chassis as the bellatrix. The "white" part you're talking about is actually silver and aluminum. The 2 horizontal pieces that slide on top of and connect the back to the base board are hard plastic.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

As far as customer service he was always quick to respond to questions. the only trouble I had was with Fedex that made the whole process difficult due to customs. They actually ended up sending it back to Italy briefly which is just ridiculous. Once it was resolved I got the camera in what might as well have been instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim V View Post
    How was customer service and wait time? I've got one of the early models too, an ACD and like it a lot now after some early niggles-I bought it second hand. It's a little unrefined in parts, but reliable and solid with easy setup. Have been toying with the idea of eventually 'upgrading' to the ACN for a few of its features. Is your camera all metal, or are there 3D printed plastic parts? Would love the new GP810 but that dream ain't free...
    Its 60/40 metal and printed materials. The extension rail, front standards, rear side arms, and parts of the rear standards are powder coated aluminum. The Bed and other parts of the rear frame are 3D printed. The parts that are printed are incredibly sturdy feeling, no play whatsoever in terms of stiffness and rigidity. With the new Gitzo tripod and head I'm getting I doubt this camera will have any issues in a decent breeze.

Thanks. Looks / seems a ton like my ACD. Does the base have etched / marked measurement scales to aid in setup for different focal lengths? Wondering too about spirit levels on base and both standards?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying the GG back is 3D printed plastic? Is the GG glass or etched plastic? My ACD had a horrible etched plastic screen and replacing it with one from Steve Hopf was the best thing I did.

Thanks again.

(Edit: I wonder if Alessandro still offers parts to be made with carbon fibre. If money were no object I'd get the base made in CF as it's great at soaking up vibrations, and light!)

Thanks. Looks / seems a ton like my ACD. Does the base have etched / marked measurement scales to aid in setup for different focal lengths? Wondering too about spirit levels on base and both standards?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying the GG back is 3D printed plastic? Is the GG glass or etched plastic? My ACD had a horrible etched plastic screen and replacing it with one from Steve Hopf was the best thing I did.

Thanks again.

(Edit: I wonder if Alessandro still offers parts to be made with carbon fibre. If money were no object I'd get the base made in CF as it's great at soaking up vibrations, and light!)
    As far as I can tell mine is glass, and the bale back is printed. The base has etched marks along the rear standard but I plan on making a few etching in cm myself to help do quick bellows draw calculations or just have a cheap tape measure in my bag for that. Both standards sport spirit levels which helps get everything zeroed out.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is the 'bale back' the same as the GG back, including the GG frame and other associated parts (metal springs excepted of course,) that fit into the rear standard frame?

I'd really appreciate some more pictures of the camera, as at some point I'll either get one myself or alternatively a Chamonix. I am also contemplating modifying my camera to include some of the features of yours. For example, my ACD does not have the fine focusing gearing, relying instead on 'push-pull'. It's really easy to use, smooth and very reliable, but I still want the gearing. I also want to build a new back for mine at some point, as I think a slightly different design would make it smoother.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse1996 View Post
    As far as I can tell mine is glass, and the bale back is printed. The base has etched marks along the rear standard but I plan on making a few etching in cm myself to help do quick bellows draw calculations or just have a cheap tape measure in my bag for that. Both standards sport spirit levels which helps get everything zeroed out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2207.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	186128Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2208.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	186129Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2209.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	186130
    Sorry for my ignorance, but is the 'bale back' the same as the GG back, including the GG frame and other associated parts (metal springs excepted of course,) that fit into the rear standard frame?

I'd really appreciate some more pictures of the camera, as at some point I'll either get one myself or alternatively a Chamonix. I am also contemplating modifying my camera to include some of the features of yours. For example, my ACD does not have the fine focusing gearing, relying instead on 'push-pull'. It's really easy to use, smooth and very reliable, but I still want the gearing. I also want to build a new back for mine at some point, as I think a slightly different design would make it smoother.

Thanks again.
    No Worries! I took some quick shots of the back and holder insert area for you.

Thanks! Looks like a tidy, good design! I’m really keen to read a user report when you’ve got to grips with it. I love my ACD, but more for sentimental rather than practical reasons. It’s certainly a first generation product, but 100% reliable after I modified it. This N model looks streets ahead. Call me stupid however, I’d prefer metal or carbon over plastic for parts that might be put under any stress.

Is there anywhere I can read about the spec of this camera, including prices, or is contacting the maker the only way?