Thread: Gibellini ACN810

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gibellini ACN810

I recently acquired a new 8x10 from Gibellini Cameras, While I can't write a revise just yet so far the camera undoubtedly looks solid. I tried blowing on it very much with no play in the standards as well some verbal abuse to ensure it was stoic enough to get the job done in future travels.
    Kidding aside, I'm still gathering necessary equipment to begin shooting, several film holders are on the way as well as a new head for the new Gitzo tripod I invested in to support this camera. Weight wise is surprisingly weighs less than my old Toyo 4x5 monorail which is a massive plus. Once all the remaining equipment is here all that is left is to spend my remaining 2019 salary on lenses. Luckily I already have a Nikkor 300mm 5.6 in hand with several others in mind. A Main thing to buy ASAP is a case for the camera.
    Shooting in NYC with this will certainly present its challenges however given the lightness and sturdiness of the camera I've observed so far I should be fine on the various rooftops and observation decks of the city. More information to come!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 56774084815__F1327F28-E17A-472A-BF0B-72C4453439E4.jpg