Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gibellini ACN810

Gibellini ACN810

I recently acquired a new 8x10 from Gibellini Cameras, While I can't write a revise just yet so far the camera undoubtedly looks solid. I tried blowing on it very much with no play in the standards as well some verbal abuse to ensure it was stoic enough to get the job done in future travels.
    Kidding aside, I'm still gathering necessary equipment to begin shooting, several film holders are on the way as well as a new head for the new Gitzo tripod I invested in to support this camera. Weight wise is surprisingly weighs less than my old Toyo 4x5 monorail which is a massive plus. Once all the remaining equipment is here all that is left is to spend my remaining 2019 salary on lenses. Luckily I already have a Nikkor 300mm 5.6 in hand with several others in mind. A Main thing to buy ASAP is a case for the camera.
    Shooting in NYC with this will certainly present its challenges however given the lightness and sturdiness of the camera I've observed so far I should be fine on the various rooftops and observation decks of the city. More information to come!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 56774084815__F1327F28-E17A-472A-BF0B-72C4453439E4.jpg  

Re: Gibellini ACN810

Quote Originally Posted by jesse1996 View Post
    ...Shooting in NYC with this will certainly present its challenges however given the lightness and sturdiness of the camera...
    Not to mention you'll be able to pick it up and run like the demons were after you when the need arises.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Foamer

I've been lusting for the version with the blue bellows, but at $6,000 it's not going to happen.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

I've got a blue bellows on my Intrepid 8x10 and it was slightly cheaper than 6K! Yeah, I know not even in the same league...

I'm very happy with my early model Gibellini 8"x10". It's a solid camera.

Although a little quirky I'm happy with mine - it's the model prior to the current 810gp. It's like a foldable monorail. My regular bellows are black, but the bag bellows(which are nearly permanently attached) are white.. The color's awesome in the sun/heat!

I didn't realize he was still making the acn.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

So far its pretty solid. I want to day with the camera, shipping, reduction back, I paid just over $3100

How was customer service and wait time? I've got one of the early models too, an ACD and like it a lot now after some early niggles-I bought it second hand. It's a little unrefined in parts, but reliable and solid with easy setup. Have been toying with the idea of eventually 'upgrading' to the ACN for a few of its features. Is your camera all metal, or are there 3D printed plastic parts? Would love the new GP810 but that dream ain't free...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim V View Post
    How was customer service and wait time? I've got one of the early models too, an ACD and like it a lot now after some early niggles-I bought it second hand. It's a little unrefined in parts, but reliable and solid with easy setup. Have been toying with the idea of eventually 'upgrading' to the ACN for a few of its features. Is your camera all metal, or are there 3D printed plastic parts? Would love the new GP810 but that dream ain't free...
    I think he uses 3d printing for strategic parts of most cameras. Mine has plastic covers and such.
    Last edited by cdavis324; 3-Jan-2019 at 10:27.

Thanks. I was wandering about the white parts in the above picture that support the focusing slide / rails. It looks like the basic same design as my ACD, but better made and more refined details. All my parts are aluminium however (save for front and rear frames in mahogany), and those are the one parts I’d definitely not want to be plastic as they see a lot of pressure with the focusing lock.