Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need help to make a decision. Tomorrow, I will be buying a 4x5 camera, help me:

Foamer

Re: I need help to make a decision. Tomorrow, I will be buying a 4x5 camera, help me

A note of clarification though. My 045n does the Scheimpflug too, with both front and rear standards.

Kent in SD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BalticMemM.jpg  
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Re: I need help to make a decision. Tomorrow, I will be buying a 4x5 camera, help me

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    Thank you everyone. This last explanation made it possible. I just ordered the 45F-2. Thank you.
    Probably a good choice. I never like the Wisners, which is thy I own Deardorffs. However, the V5 is both larger and more expensive an the F2

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    A note of clarification though. My 045n does the Scheimpflug too, with both front and rear standards.

Kent in SD
    I don’t have an N, but with F-2’s asymmetrical rear tilt and markings on ground glass, it’s fast and easy. Compose, focus on the dotted line, tilt until everything snaps into focus, lock it down, shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is an old thread, but I find myself asking the same question! A friend has a Wisner, so I was leaning. that way. Then I read all of the bad press on shoddy business practices on these forums, and on Photo.net, and I started looking again. I have owned a Zone VI (American made) 4x5, and currently own an Intrepid Mk4. That is what opened my mind up to Chamonix. I have been looking for the ease of use with the Intrepid, along with the stability, and flexible movements of the Wisner. So, I believe my hunt is on for a Chamonix F2. As I understand it, the asymmetrical back allows me to do what the Wisner TF back would do?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Craig View Post
    I know this is an old thread, ........So, I believe my hunt is on for a Chamonix F2. As I understand it, the asymmetrical back allows me to do what the Wisner TF back would do?
    Do you know what the "asymetrical back" is and what it allows? Why is it better than the alternative. You don't want my opinion because I don't buy Chinese cameras. I have 4x5 Deardorff Special and Sinar F2's, so that's what I'm going to recommend, or another Zone VI. L

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Craig View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I find myself asking the same question! A friend has a Wisner, so I was leaning. that way. Then I read all of the bad press on shoddy business practices on these forums, and on Photo.net, and I started looking again. I have owned a Zone VI (American made) 4x5, and currently own an Intrepid Mk4. That is what opened my mind up to Chamonix. I have been looking for the ease of use with the Intrepid, along with the stability, and flexible movements of the Wisner. So, I believe my hunt is on for a Chamonix F2. As I understand it, the asymmetrical back allows me to do what the Wisner TF back would do?
    The asymmetrical back allows an easy peasy application of the Scheimpflug principle. Focus at the tilt axis, which is likely near/at the horizon. Next tilt until everything between the tilt axis and the foreground snap into focus. Done.

Arca-Swiss

The 45N-2 does allow rear tilt. The best of the Metal vista cameras though is the 45 SP. I used one for 5 years in Grad school. My MFA was shooting in forest fires and it was great except no one make fire proof bellows...
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com