Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The betterscanning.com business status thread

Re: BetterScanning Question

Quote Originally Posted by Fishjump View Post
    Sorry to dig this thread back up, but has anybody gotten a response? I broke my ANR glass and need a replacement.
    There’s many other places to get an ANR glass, like scan-tech.net. They’ll even cut it to whatever size you need it if not a standard size without additional cost.

Re: The betterscanning.com business status thread

Quote Originally Posted by StevenHolden View Post
    I'm another that has been trying unsuccessfully to make contact for a few months now.
    I noticed on some other threads that he used to be fairly active, but not for a while now, hope all is good.

Wonder if anyone is willing to part with their mounting plate? Probably worth their weight in gold now
    As said above on the website it now says “hope to resume production August 27”, but to not contact them before then.

Well, the 27th has passed. I'll re-place my order and see what happens.

Tried again as well, but no response as yet either. Fingers still crossed.

I’d wait until the front page message changes, it still says “We hope to resume production on approximately August 27, 2020. “ so i guess there’s no hope for the 27th but hopefully soon.

I wouldn't trust the site until I saw a photo on the front page of the owner holding a current newspaper. Could be someone has taken over his site. The whole thing from when he disappeared to suddenly popping up again is fishy.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    I wouldn't trust the site until I saw a photo on the front page of the owner holding a current newspaper. Could be someone has taken over his site. The whole thing from when he disappeared to suddenly popping up again is fishy.
    I understand the idea of being cautious, but most people seem to skip past cautious straight into nation-state mind-control lizard-people conspiracy territory.

Given an international pandemic, people dying, and apparently, according to one poster, Doug having medical issues as far back as January, cut the guy a break.

Either he'll show up and start taking orders again, or he won't.

Still no response or website update.
    Anyone got one I can buy? If not buy, at least borrow, and see how it's constructed? Or if someone has some good, high quality pictures and measurements that might be a good start too...
    Thanks

I sent an email recently, and have heard nothing.

Better Scanning still in business?

I am interested in a film holder from BetterScanning. Are they still around and are their products good? I am primarily interested in a variable height film holder for my 120 format film. My Film holder for my Epson 4990 does not fit the ANR glass I got from Scan-Tek, Inc. I may get a 120 holder for a V500 or V600 that the glass does fit. I presume they will fit my 4990. Thanks for any tips!