Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: The betterscanning.com business status thread

Re: The betterscanning.com business status thread

Same situation here! Came here looking for answers and found a lot more of the same. Placed my order 1/4/23. No response to order or follow up emails. From the sounds of it this is not uncommon. Guess I'll wait....

Re: betterscanning.com service???

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    Yes, we took some time off during the Christmas to New Year period but are back at work now. I believe I have responded to all pending enquiries, but if I missed your enquiry, please contact me directly.

Thanks!
    Doug
    Hey Doug! Are you still taking orders/in business?

Re: betterscanning.com service???

Hey, TrevanM, you had me excited when I first saw your post - I thought maybe Doug was replying to you.......until I realized that it was a quote from a post from January 2019. Let's hope we will hear something from him soon! I have a bunch of negatives I want to get good scans from!

Anybody heard from Doug? I've submitted an order request and emailed him at scanning@betterscanning.com and haven't heard anything.

I'd prefer not to go the route of producing my own scanning mount, but it's looking like he's not selling them anymore.

Same here, I submitted an order request 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Do we know if Doug is still in business or does he just prefer to process orders in batches from time to time?

Still haven't heard anything from him. I assume he produces them in batches and simply isn't fulfilling orders right now because he doesn't have any to ship.

His LLC registration appears to still be active, so it seems he hasn't officially closed up shop.

The last time anybody reported successfully purchasing one of his mounts was a year ago. I'm not sure I want to wait that long before pursuing alternatives. And that's assuming he's going to produce more.

I'll chime in here too... I submitted two orders on the site a few weeks ago and have heard nothing. I regularly check my spam folder and nothing in there either.

I'm hoping they're just on summer holiday.

Assuming the worst, and they're out of business, does anyone know of another replacement film holder for the Epson V850 (for 120 and 4x5) that's as good as the one betterscanning.com sells (or used to sell)? The ones that come with the scanner are pieces of junk.

Re: BetterScanning Question

Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    Hi

Does anyone know if this company is still making film holders?

I've just placing a couple of orders since the beginning of Feb, sent follow up emails and haven't had any response at all. I've checked my junk, used a secondary email address but still no success.

Bit concerned since their reputation was top class. If not, is there anyone else who produces film holders?

Thanks
    Hi there,

I managed to purchase a 120 film holder back in 2021 but then Doug seems have gone quiet since then.

Alternative film holders I considered besides Betterscanning include: Negative-Solutions custom film holders found at Esty or his/her website (negative-solutions.com), and JJS film holder which you can find it at Aliexpress. I tried neither so no idea how good they are but JJC looks promising. You can find a similar (same) products at Amazon USA or Japan. I tried Lomo's DigitaLIZA but the quality was not great.

Hope this helps.

Heading towards the lonnngest thread ever. Good luck to all involved.

Re: BetterScanning Question

Quote Originally Posted by Wichersham View Post
    Hi there,

I managed to purchase a 120 film holder back in 2021 but then Doug seems have gone quiet since then.

Alternative film holders I considered besides Betterscanning include: Negative-Solutions custom film holders found at Esty or his/her website (negative-solutions.com), and JJS film holder which you can find it at Aliexpress. I tried neither so no idea how good they are but JJC looks promising. You can find a similar (same) products at Amazon USA or Japan. I tried Lomo's DigitaLIZA but the quality was not great.

Hope this helps.
    I think it's JJC, not JJS. Looks interesting, though. Their ad is funny: "Decreases the coming into being of the Moires".

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...ct.mainProduct