Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The betterscanning.com business status thread

Re: The betterscanning.com business status thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmikiten View Post
    I have access to Solidworks and a full machine shop. It would be interesting if BetterScanning would release either drawings or the rights to produce some of the products for a limited run or on a Group Buy type of purchase. It would allow the product to be made without any IP issues being broached.
    i do as well. I have designed a prototype. I run solidworks too. Mine has much finer adjstments and will eventually be modular, ie can do glass plate. Downside is it is heavier since I made mine from aluminum. I use 3/16x100tpi threaded adjusters for focus setting. But would not be cheap. Not nearly as cost effective as the ones Doug makes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianHolemy View Post
    I am also thinking of making one myself and have it lasercut. I am not so sure about the material yet. Since I own an Epson 4990 the focus distance is usually smaller (more on the 1mm side than the 4mm of later models) so I have to make sure the notches holding the glass are not too thick. Tricky.
    The key is to avoid warping. Aluminum if not machined properly will warp. l had mine ground/lapped after machining and it still has a slight, ever so slight high corner, about a couple of tenths (.0002 or so)

Update - I got an email from Doug, ordered some accessories and a tray and got great responses, regular emails and updates and my order shipped today. Good to see him back and shipping!

Unfortunately, I've placed a few orders this year and have emailed Doug, but still haven't heard a word yet. I hope I'll get the chance to place finally place an order.

I came to the thread hoping to hear more recent good news. I've had 2 from Doug in the past before I quit and sold everything. I have a 4870 now and was hoping to get the plate before it came in. My order was placed 3 weeks ago and I've send him 2 follow up emails and not a word, not PP invoice, nothing.

Are there any good alternatives yet then? I may have to find an Epson one as my scanner came with no holders so I have no options currently.
    Ira Summers

I have a betterscanning holder but was never really pleased with all that glass.
    I designed and printed a glass-less holder for 5x7, 4x5 and 9x12 for my V700 and posted about it here on another thread

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...=1#post1650251
    Lasse Thomasson | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by FredrickSummers View Post
    I came to the thread hoping to hear more recent good news. I've had 2 from Doug in the past before I quit and sold everything. I have a 4870 now and was hoping to get the plate before it came in. My order was placed 3 weeks ago and I've send him 2 follow up emails and not a word, not PP invoice, nothing.

Are there any good alternatives yet then? I may have to find an Epson one as my scanner came with no holders so I have no options currently.
    So I wanted to follow up on this. A couple days after my post Doug PMed me to get my info and email. I guess found the order as it shipped another 2 days later. I have the holder and trying to remember how I used to do this, haha. So cudos to Doug for getting it sorted out.
    Ira Summers

Hi Doug! If you see this, I just bought an Epson V850 and would love to purchase one of your holders for a long-term project I'm working on. Thanks for making such a solid piece!

Anyone have luck recently with Doug?