Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The betterscanning.com business status thread

Re: The betterscanning.com business status thread

Have we officially given up? Does anybody know anything? I would still really like a fluid mounting station.

Seems so…
    Jim Andrade and Tin Can might be able to shed more light than their previous cryptic conversations do, but sadly it would seem the owner has up and vanished. I would still be interested in taking it over, or producing a copy if someone has one I can look at, but until then but until then I’ll just keep faffing around with the Epson holder.
    Covid affected people different ways I guess! I finally got off my behind and tried to improve my film game, while betterscanning decided it was a good time to disappear.
    Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaartc View Post
    I’ve been trying to get some 35mm glass for my epson v600. I can’t get any contact from either scan tech or better scanning. Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?
    http://www.glennview.com/index.htm

Can also order what you need from glass supplier and either cut yourself or get cut.

His page shows a 2021 copyright so I am guessing he is around?

If he is truly gone and the patents and copy rights can be worked out. I can manufacture the film holders from Aluminum with improvements. My .02 cents. I did ask once if he would let me make a personal copy and he politely said no. It would be a lot of reverse engineering if drawings were not available. If one could get them legally then it wouldn’t be too hard.

I might try to figure out my own that would not infringe upon his copy rights and patents and offer for sale.

I was pretty surprised to wake up to an email and Paypal invoice from Doug this morning. I've send off 117 dollars and I guess we'll see what happens. I will paste below the relevant bits of the email I got if anyone is interested:

"Thanks for your order! I want to be upfront and let you know that due to
    the current production queue (holders require multiple days to
    create/complete), order fulfillment is often taking approximately 6
    *business* days. I rely on a "first paid, first order filled" policy so I
    just want to be honest about the timeline and make sure everyone understands
    the policy to get placed into the queue."

Moderator's note: I've removed the snail-mail address and phone number that were here. It appears that Doug operates the business as a sole proprietor and that these could well be his home address and personal phone. Doug doesn't have them posted on his website, so unless he has given explicit permission to post them here I think we should assume that he would prefer not. -- Oren
    Last edited by Oren Grad; 9-Jul-2021 at 16:10.

Reads like same order response I got in the past from years ago. We will see.

Yep, got the same email and have my order pushed through now too. Hopefully he’s not overwhelmed by the backlog of the past 12 months. But glad to see he’s up and running again.

I got my scanning station last Friday, much faster than I expected. I ordered the fluid only version and I received a piece of the ANR glass so it appears that I got an upgrade, I got quite a few more pieces of the masking material than i ordered as well.
    I've only done one scan so far but I have to say I'm very happy with it. I did a pretty poor job: used too much fluid, didn't get all the air bubbles out, I haven't really dialed in the height and I didn't bother with a mask and it's still a bigger improvement over the Epson 850 holder than I was expecting. I'm really excited to dial in the process and see what this can do.

I’ve been trying to reach out to him for months. If someone is in the middle of getting an order processed and could order one for me as well I’d be eternally grateful !

Paul
    - Paul Ozzello

www.paulozzello.com

Placed an order maybe a month ago, got an email as described above on 8/13/21, paid on that day. I will update this post when I receive my mounting station

Update 8/26/21: It shipped yesterday and is due to arrive in a day or two. Two Weeks, all things considered, is not bad.

Received 8/27/21
    Last edited by DiscoShrew; 29-Aug-2021 at 18:38.